Green Tractor Talk banner

2520 3 point

7K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Superglidesport 
#1 ·
I did a search but really didn't find much. Anyway, my 3 point arms on my 2520 have been in the up position for a little over 3 months! Today was the first time since then, that I was going to use the tractor and put my mower deck back on. They will not drop. I don't understand why they haven't even leaked down a little. Nothing attached, just the I-Match. The rate of drop valve seems fine. I opened and closed it numerous times. Rockshaft seems ok too. I don't have a water or moisture problem in my barn. It's nice and dry all the time. So does anyone have any suggestions before I end up having to get my dealer involved!:banghead:

#2 ·
My guess is they are just stuck. Just a bit of rust or corrosion involved.

Me - I’d figure out a way to pull them down safely with something like a come-along.

Or maybe hook low to a tree and go for it but that may make a wheelie that you don’t want to ride.....

Reactions: glc
#3 ·
sorry GLC-i have no idea why their stuck up like that. mine will leak down while sitting in the garage if i leave them up. so i just make sure i drop whatever is on the back-even if the 3 pt is empty any more.

nuthing in the manual about that?

:unknown:-----------:munch:

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. Jim they always acted normal and leaked down as usual. I was thinking about the come along deal Stan. Only thing is, I don't have one anymore. The fellow that bought my 316 offered to come out some day this week and try the come along, so we shall see.

#5 ·
I'm thinking of taking the seat pan off and removing and checking the rate of drop valve. I was also thinking before doing that of using the come along method! Is there any reason the arms will not move doing this? Is it possible for something to break?

#6 ·
I really can’t see you breaking anything. Look at how much pull power is against it with ground engaged implements.

I suppose there could be something amiss within the rate of drop valve - but unless you parked it with it closed I can’t see how that could be it.h

I think it is either of 2 things myself. The splines where the lift arms are attached has some corrosion where they enter the housing - or the internal hydraulic cylinder/piston is slight corroded and stuck in the full open position.

I know you keep up with your maintenance but it doesn’t take but just a tiny bit of moisture in either place to seize something up.

#7 ·
Thanks Stan. The fellow that bought my 316 is stopping by tomorrow!:thumbup1gif: So maybe he might be able to remedy the problem. We shall see.

#9 · (Edited)
Well they are still stuck in the up position! Maybe we didn't pull hard enough, don't know. I asked him if he was willing to take it to his place and work on it. He is coming back tomorrow to take it. Nice thing is, he's not very far from me! So hope it gets remedied with not too much work involved!

#10 ·
Just a thought to throw out ... mine will hold an implement up; but if it is pushed, the arms will go up ward. You said you left the 3 pt in the up postion - can it go up any further??? That might tell you if it is indeed rusted or not?? Just my $0.02.

#11 · (Edited)
The arms are up about as far as possible without the top link hitting the bottom of my toolbox.

#12 ·
Finally have my 3 pt back in operation.
It was the rate of drop valve. Fellow that bought my 316 took my tractor to his place on the 15th, and I got it back yesterday the 22nd. He took the valve apart and cleaned it really good. It just pretty much froze up from not being used for so long. You could turn the knob but it wasn't doing anything internally!:unknown: All good now! Plus, he just about waxed the tractor for me. He gave it a really good cleaning and even put that shine stuff on my tires!:good2::good2:

Attachments

#13 ·
GLC---:bigthumb:--glad to hear the 3pt is again working-a-ok

#15 · (Edited)
Yeah Stan,good to turn the valve every now and again! Keeps things working as intended. Like you, once I had the rate of drop adjusted where I liked it, I never touched that valve either in quite a few years!:( One other thing he suggested to me was to always lower the 3 pt when you parked/stored the tractor. Then raise the lever so when you start the tractor the 3 pt raises. I never did that. I always left them raised, knowing they would leak down a bit. So now I'll take that advice and adhere to it!:)

#21 ·
Here's an exploded view of your rate of drop valve. It appears to be externally accessible for removal, inspection and cleaning. That being said some disassembly of the seat and seat pan may be necessary to access it.

Font Parallel Auto part Slope Drawing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.