Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We rec'd our 2520 on Friday and put about 4 hours on it over the weekend. Its actually kind of funny how I caught myself watching how quickly it climbed. With over 300 hours on our 2320, I never paid attn until I got close to the 10, 25, 50 & 100 marks for service. With that limited amount of time, I have the following questions/observations:

a) Is there a way to control the upper limit of the 3 pt? I noted that with our PHD mounted and the rockshaft control lever raised to the full upper limit (past the #9 marking in what I would call the full limit catch), the arm of the PHD would push up against the bracket that holds the storage hook for the center link. The center link arm itself is not used when the PHD is mounted. I recognize I could place the adjustable depth knob on the top side vs it's more commonly used lower position.

b) What is the right amount of air pressure in the tires? When I switched my tires out yesterday, I thought before I placed them back on and the valve was on the inside, I would check them both. The max stated on the tire was 30. Both had in 15. I am typically carrying between 350 lbs to 650 lbs off the 3 pt with my HeavyHitch and BB. I do not mow with the 2520 but it spends plenty of time on our lawn bringing mulch to many of my bride's flower beds.

Thank you in advance for your insight,
Doug

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
a) Is there a way to control the upper limit of the 3 pt? I noted that with our PHD mounted and the rockshaft control lever raised to the full upper limit (past the #9 marking in what I would call the full limit catch), the arm of the PHD would push up against the bracket that holds the storage hook for the center link. The center link arm itself is not used when the PHD is mounted. I recognize I could place the adjustable depth knob on the top side vs it's more commonly used lower position.
To my knowledge you are doing all that you can do by using the stop as an "up" stop rather than a "down" I have not run across any other ways to control the up travel of the 3tp hitch. Does the PHD have other mounting adjustments to help for this?

b) What is the right amount of air pressure in the tires? When I switched my tires out yesterday, I thought before I placed them back on and the valve was on the inside, I would check them both. The max stated on the tire was 30. Both had in 15. I am typically carrying between 350 lbs to 650 lbs off the 3 pt with my HeavyHitch and BB. I do not mow with the 2520 but it spends plenty of time on our lawn bringing mulch to many of my bride's flower beds.
Doug, your manual has all this very good info. It is also dependant on the type of tire you have. Here are the specs per the manual.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts