Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a firm believer in the purchasing the technical manuals of all the equipment I own. As we were talking on another thread about the 2305 limited 3pt hitch, I found myself wondering how the hitch on my 2520 works. Well, the technical manuals that Deere sells provide detailed information on all the systems of the tractor. Here is the section describing the theory of operation of the 2520s 3pt hitch. Please enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Question on 3pt hitch on 2520

RandyM,
Read on another forum that earlier models of the 2520 were having clearance problems on the 3pt hitch. Have you heard about this? If you have would my 2520 purchased December, 2010 have the modifications to erase this issue?
Rob

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have to agree with you on the tech manuals, Randy. Never had one before on my tractors but do now on this one. It is a wealth of info about most everything and has already paid for itself by preventing an uneeded trip to the dealer. Now I have the parts manual coming.

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
RandyM,
Read on another forum that earlier models of the 2520 were having clearance problems on the 3pt hitch. Have you heard about this? If you have would my 2520 purchased December, 2010 have the modifications to erase this issue?
Rob
The issue was the lower arms hitting the tires when the 3PH was raised to full height. The arms where re-designed to fix the problem, the new style arms are bent to clear the tires. Compare below:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RandyM,
Rob
Rob,
Kenny is on top of this one as usual and correct. Yours should have the offset lift arms. If they do not I highly advise you talk to your dealer about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks to both of you. I'll check when I get done cleaning up the little snow storm we are getting last night and today.
Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts