Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 855 is getting tired after almost 30 years of hard use. Bought a 2520 with 62" deck and want to add 72" deck and front blower. Info for deck just says Deere 72". No model number, etc. Is this a standard deck and is certain mounting hardware needed to adapt to 2520? If I want to use front mount snowblower, what are the pieces parts required to accomplish this? I have the hydraulic controls

·
Super Moderator
5,196 Posts
There are several 72" decks. The one you'd want to go with a 2520 should have a serial number that starts with "M04172X". The below attached document tells you the serial numbers for the various mower decks that will fit the 2520 (and other 2X20 machines).

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc-services/v1/image/getAttachment/Mower_Decks_and_MCS____2305_and_2X20_3X20_4X20_Series_Compact_Utility_Tractors___Introduction?a=6621&br=1061&locale=en-US

Mutton Power has a chart that shows which parts are needed for the front snowblower hitch for several machines.

Used John Deere 47 Snow Blower Buying Guide

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
The 72" is NOT a drive over deck! Personally, I like my drive over 62", and another 10" of cut isn't worth the hassle!

·
Administrator
18,288 Posts
I think both will require extensive fabrication to get working.

The blower on the 855 (probably 60"?) has a four point mount that is totally different from the front quick hitch style that's used on the 2520's, so that will all have to be redone and the driveshafts adjusted for length. The blowers made for the 2520 was he 49 or 54" blowers.

For the MMM, again the linkage and PTO shaft will be different, JD will not have a "kit" to make that swap so you'll be on your own there too.

Register and learn to use the free JDParts site, that will be a great start in seeing whats ahead if you plan to do this yourself.

www.jdparts.com'

Reactions: glc and PJR832
1 - 4 of 4 Posts