Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you skeptics out there here is what my little 2520 is capable of. Yeah I know it doesn't do it as fast as your bigg'ns, but when I was all done I moved 150 yards of dirt. Yep, 150 yards, that is a lot of dirt. Moved it with a 2.5 yard dump trailer. Oh and it did take more than one weekend.:laugh:

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
Looks great Randy, I love doing jobs like that myself!

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
One of the few times in life where something taking more time is a good thing. Moving dirt is the purest, simplest form of seat time pleasure there is. :biggrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, in case you are wondering about the end result. Here it is, I must admit that I hired the wall done. There are limits, no backhoe and endless amounts of time.:cray:

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
Its amazing what you can get done with a tractor. Looks like you had a lot of good seat time there. And it looks like the weather wasnt too bad either. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
490 Posts
You got that right! Some of the guys at work fail to see the need, but I couldnt honestly live without one. Heck I even use the ol 300cx to install & remove the A/C from our bedroom window!
I have used the tractor to get the trash at the bottom of the driveway and get the mail. They are VERY useful tools to have around. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Looks good Randy, and yes it can be done with a rig that size. This past summer I moved 230-tons of recycled concrete in four long days to construct a new driveway for my neighbors and us. I still need to make an album of that exploit; but have been sidetracked with other things.

I like how the wood retaining wall turned out. Is that hidden by the block wall, or is it separate from the block wall.

Like another poster said about moving dirt and rock, I whole heartedly concur.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good Randy, and yes it can be done with a rig that size. This past summer I moved 230-tons of recycled concrete in four long days to construct a new driveway for my neighbors and us. I still need to make an album of that exploit; but have been sidetracked with other things.
YES, we want pictures. No goofing off now, new year and all.

I like how the wood retaining wall turned out. Is that hidden by the block wall, or is it separate from the block wall.
MJN, the wood wall was tore down and replaced with the blocks. The wooden one had served its purpose and time to go.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
YES, we want pictures. No goofing off now, new year and all.

MJN, the wood wall was tore down and replaced with the blocks. The wooden one had served its purpose and time to go.
I had an unexpected project come up that's delaying everything I'm working on. Oh well, that's life.

The wood was well done; but I like the blocks better.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Randy,
You did a great job with this wall project, really looks good and should divert any run off around your shop.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Randy,
You did a great job with this wall project, really looks good and should divert any run off around your shop.
Thanks Steve, You bring up an whole 'nother subject and project.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Funny you'd say that about the trash. Wife drove mine for the first time the other day, and says she wants to use it to haul the trash to the bin :unknown:

I have used the tractor to get the trash at the bottom of the driveway and get the mail. They are VERY useful tools to have around. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep Bill now that is what I am talking about. No hijack there. The thing is I think some people do realize what we can do, and just don't believe we would spend the extra time. Sometimes it is not how fast you can do it, rather than you can. Good work Bill.:good2: We are on the same page.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Randy was reading this post after you referenced that you do work your 2520. Yor project came out super. :thumbup1gif:
I have a question about the retaining wall. In the first groups of pictures the retaining wall appears to be constructred using 4x4 pressure treated timbers, later the wall is faced with some kind of pre fab masonary like something one might purchase at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Were the 4x4 timbers a temporary installation or are they behind the finished masonary work?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Small,

Since my name is Randy as well...:tongue:
I think you missed in ,The Randys' post,that he tore down the original wall and had the masonry installed.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Small,

Since my name is Randy as well...:tongue:
I think you missed in ,The Randys' post,that he tore down the original wall and had the masonry installed.
Thanks Randy, You are correct tore down and new block wall installed. The timber one did it's job for 18 years, it was time for an up grade.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,691 Posts
Randy, are those blocks from Anchor Block?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts