Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finished my 50 hour service on my 2520. All went well even managed to pull the transmission dip stick out after filling with transmission oil (couldn't see the bubble in the window) so I checked the dip stick.

That said as I was looking down toward the dip stick I saw an ellectrical connection that was disconnected I have no idea how long it's been like that. Tractor has been running fine. The only work done on the tractor was months ago when the dealer replaced a metal hydro line.

I attached the connector (a two wire slide on) by sliding it back on and reattached the boot.

I am still looking in JD parts trying to identify the sensor/switch that was disconnected. No luck so far.

The photo is taken from the left side if the 2520 with the arrow pointing toward the HYDRO low range/high range arm and the second arrow points toward the reattached boot.

Any idea what this is? :unknown:

Attachments

·
Administrator
23,173 Posts
Your picture did not show ST.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoops! Brain cramp uploaded now thanks Ken.

·
Administrator
23,173 Posts
My WAG is the sensor for the 4WD/MWFD light.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think so Ken as I have had a 4wd light working on my "dash" ok.
I'll keep checking JD parts.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I think I found it in JD parts. Still not sure what it does, but it is part of the breakout for the PTO assembly labeled #76-PTO shift fork, shaft and lever. It's look to be part #17 called a AM37643, switch, neutral.

I guess tomorrow I will go out and try my PTO with this disconnected and connected and see if it contols my PTO dash light? If it was a little warmer and drier I would go out tonight. Supposed to be turning to snow by daybreak.
If nothing else I am getting a little self tutoring on JD parts :boring:

Attachments

·
Administrator
23,173 Posts
If it was the neutral switch, the engine would not have started I wouldn't think anyway. If you had the service manual on CD you may have found it by now.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well I thought that connector simply operated the PTO light on the dash. Nope with the connector disconnected the PTO light still works. So I am still scratching my head.
I was imaging there was +12 volts on one wire and a chassis ground on the other. I figured what the connector "connected" to was simply a open contact that closed or vise versa.

However when I measured the disconnected connector each of the two wires has approx. 14 volts to chassis ground. I didn't expect that.

Normally you would think ok just connect it back together and let it do whatever it does, but I can't now I need to now.:slap-yourself-emoti

P.S. I haven't bought the CD manual just yet as I am still under warranty thought I would not need it at this point.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Here's my guess.

It is the PTO neutral switch. It is the one that lets you get off the tractor with the rear PTO engaged. If the front PTO is engaged it will shut it down. It won't effect any other functions.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Randy thanks.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Randy thanks yet again: that's a super diagram :thumbup1gif:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.