Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just new to the forum really enjoying the great info.

I just ordered a new 2520 with 200CX loader and 62D mmm. My dealer is telling me that even though the Frontier catalog doesn't show an application for the front blade on a 2520 he said it should work because the bucket pins are the same on the 200 and 300 loader, can anyone confirm this?

I'd like to just knock the bucket off and pop a blade on with ease without have to go the 54" quick hitch route.

Thanks

T-Klash

·
Banned
747 Posts
First all, welcome!

I know that there is an option for a blade on a 200CX on a 2305. Dealer told me all I have to do is drop the bucket and put the blade on. Think he quoted me $1100 for a manual one.

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Welcome to DT T-Clash...

From my personal experience-you do not want a FEL mounted blade on your tractor. It's to light in the front end and you will loose ALL steering ability. Here is the problem in a nutshell: The pivot point of the loader is up high above the centerline of the plow where force is exerted. So, when the plow meets resistance, and the tractor keeps pushing the front wheels come off the ground. Try it for yourself-drive into a pile of dirt...what happens to the front wheels?

Not trying to rain on your parade, I was all for them and that's why I build one years ago...

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Just to elaborate on Kenny's answer. His example of course assumes the loader is in "float". Now if the loader is not in float then you may find you have other issues. The blade on the loader set-up has its pros and cons and only you can decide if it is right for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys.

T-Klash

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just to elaborate on Kenny's answer. His example of course assumes the loader is in "float". Now if the loader is not in float then you may find you have other issues. The blade on the loader set-up has its pros and cons and only you can decide if it is right for you.
How do you put the loader into the float mode? :unknown:I just skipped thru the manual and didn't see it? Is it floating when you put the lever to the second click to the right? I have a 2550 and would like to float now and then. Like, maybe when scraping snow off the drive way or moving a pile of dirt or mulch without digging down below the pile. thanks in advance for any advice or instruction on floating, Hanky

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
How do you put the loader into the float mode? :unknown:I just skipped thru the manual and didn't see it? Is it floating when you put the lever to the second click to the right? I have a 2550 and would like to float now and then. Like, maybe when scraping snow off the drive way or moving a pile of dirt or mulch without digging down below the pile. thanks in advance for any advice or instruction on floating, Hanky
Hey Mr Hanky
Don't know anything about the larger 2550,but on my smaller 2520 FEL float is when it clicks in the DOWN position.

Greg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Mr Hanky
Don't know anything about the larger 2550,but on my smaller 2520 FEL float is when it clicks in the DOWN position.

Greg
Thanks for the quick response Greg. Now I know how to float.
Oh,I have the 2520. thanks again, Hank.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Thanks Greg for the float answer. :thumbup1gif:

Mr Hanky, I too missed the float info in the manual the first time, trust me it is there. :empathy3:

·
Banned
747 Posts
Yup, found it in there after I stumbled across it while playing. Didn't have no time to read a manual while there was a new toy to play with :laugh:

Thanks Greg for the float answer. :thumbup1gif:

Mr Hanky, I too missed the float info in the manual the first time, trust me it is there. :empathy3:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts