Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've noticed this quirk with my 2520 since the day it was delivered (May 2011) and I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. On the gear range shifter, when I move it from neutral to low, it doesn't always want to go in easy. It seems like it might be similar to what others have described when shifting into four-wheel drive. It wants to resist going into low, so you have to force it sometimes, or other times I realize that it is still in neutral. Neutral to high is no issue.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
oohh..are you OK? I hate when I fall out of the chair :D

All I do is tap/nudge the forward or reverse pedals. It will usually snick right into gear.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,609 Posts
2320 does the same thing. At least mine does, could be me though.

·
Artillian Tractor, LLC
1,541 Posts
Mine is the same way. Sometimes when I really need to be focussed on tasks underway, my attention gets distracted with that shifter and I don't care for it one bit. It's one of my biggest gripes with this machine, along with it being way too tall/long. Often when I finally get it into gear, it is accompanied by a pop/crack/snap/bang which I don't care to hear. I have been hoping it will work in with use, but am less optimistic as time passes. I have also taken to tapping one of the pedals to help.

My 2305 did not have this flaw. It worked normally and smoothly.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Yup, tap a foot pedal slightly or just before the tractor comes to a complete stop, shift. Also, an incline will help, just take your foot off the brake and let it start to roll.

And now that you mention it Chris, I don't think my 2305 is nearly as bad as my 2520. I will have to more attention as I am so used to it being this way I don't give any thought.

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
It's normal. The gears are not synchronized so they don't always mesh together just right. Use light pressure on the F or R pedal and it will fall right into gear every time. DO NOT FORCE IT unless you want bad thing$ to happen!

·
Artillian Tractor, LLC
1,541 Posts
Jeez, even the 1951 WWII Willy's jeep I used to drive had synchro in 1st gear. Poor. :thumbsdown:

If I get the chance, I'll have to snap a video/audio of the petite delicate notes it makes when changing range.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I've noticed this quirk with my 2520 since the day it was delivered (May 2011) and I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. On the gear range shifter, when I move it from neutral to low, it doesn't always want to go in easy. It seems like it might be similar to what others have described when shifting into four-wheel drive. It wants to resist going into low, so you have to force it sometimes, or other times I
dangit ttammag1...
now my post about you falling out of the chair dont make any sense,since you fixed your original post. :D

But thats ok....paybacks are heck :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
yup, same issue here with our 2320... but I throttle it up... then throttle it down, and it shifts right in @ the lowest RPM... kinda like some of the old cars I grew up with...

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,609 Posts
dangit ttammag1...
now my post about you falling out of the chair dont make any sense,since you fixed your original post. :D

Your original come back was funny just the same, one of those in the moment things.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
It's normal. The gears are not synchronized so they don't always mesh together just right. Use light pressure on the F or R pedal and it will fall right into gear every time. DO NOT FORCE IT unless you want bad thing$ to happen!
DITTO!!
My 2520 has done this ever since I got it. The gentle way is always the best way too.:thumbup1gif:

Greg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dangit ttammag1...

Sorry,

I didn't mean to you make you look bad. I do enough of that for the two of us. Paybacks are no problem. I'm used to looking dumb.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake though. For some reason the copy and paste must have been acting up. I wanted to make sure everyone knew that I didn't have the same issue with high range.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Its all good...just funnin with you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
My 2520 does that here and there. I just apply a little pressure as I gently press the forward or reverse pedal and it pops right in.

I hope you were kidding when you said "so you have to force it sometimes".

·
Registered
105 Posts
My 2520 is the same way...so was my 4115. :kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I posted to the wrong thread. Ignore.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts