Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished replacing hyd fluid and filter. After cleaning out the screen and magnets at the rear of the machine I replaced the screen using a new rubber o ring (# M801034). I had a very hard time keeping the o ring in the groove while bolting the screen back in place. There is a small leak there now. Dose anyone know the proper torque value for the two bolts holding the screen in place. I want to check that before I drain fluid and fight with the o ring again. Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just finished replacing hyd fluid and filter. After cleaning out the screen and magnets at the rear of the machine I replaced the screen using a new rubber o ring (# M801034). I had a very hard time keeping the o ring in the groove while bolting the screen back in place. There is a small leak there now. Dose anyone know the proper torque value for the two bolts holding the screen in place. I want to check that before I drain fluid and fight with the o ring again. Thanks.
I just found the torque values in the owners manual.

·
Administrator
22,646 Posts
I thin coat of grease will help keep an o-ring in place during assembly, hopefully you won't have to pull the cover to replace it.

·
Premium Member
17,071 Posts
I had the same issue. When I cleaned the screen on mine I put a wee bit of gasket adhesive on the O-ring to hold it in place until I could get the cover bolted on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the good ideas. I'll use some grease or gasket adhesive. The cover does need to come off to get to the o ring. Lots of fluid loss. Trying to figure out the best way to drain the new fluid back into the 1 gallon jugs it came in. Probably use a very clean funnel and make sure the area around the drain is wiped off clean.

·
Administrator
22,646 Posts
Good plan. Be sure to have a new o-ring on hand, most likely it's pinched, nicked, or torn.

·
Registered
27,528 Posts
Thanks for the good ideas. I'll use some grease or gasket adhesive. The cover does need to come off to get to the o ring. Lots of fluid loss. Trying to figure out the best way to drain the new fluid back into the 1 gallon jugs it came in. Probably use a very clean funnel and make sure the area around the drain is wiped off clean.
That much fluid coming all at once may very well overwhelm a funnel. A clean drain pan with plenty of capacity might be better. Then it's just a matter getting it from the pan back into the tractor.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts