Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
My 200cx leaks off and to the ground in about 10 minutes. Is this normal?
I'll assume you mean when your tractor is turned off. For what reason are you keeping your loader raised when your tractor is turned off?

I'd say 'safe' is to lower the loader (and 3 pt if anything is attached), turn off the tractor and cycle the joystick to remove all hydraulic pressure from lines whenever the tractor is turned off. I read a post somewhere that highlighted the danger of how fast a raised loader will drop if the joystick is moved by 'something, someone, or a pet' when a tractor is turned off.

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
JD does have a published spec on "acceptable" leakdown rates, I saw it when I complained about mine years ago-and unfortunatly mine fell into the "acceptable" category. IIRC it was something like 3" per hour or so but not 100% sure.

If it's still under warranty, then tell the dealer about it to see what they say.

Perhaps Kevin can find this spec and post it for us-I will ask him...

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
FWIW, my loader stays put pretty well. Now the backhoe, that's a different story altogether...

Just as a thought, maybe check all of your hydraulic fittings for tightness. Of course, if you have one that is loose, you should also be losing fluid (onto the ground) but who knows..

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
JD does have a published spec on "acceptable" leakdown rates, I saw it when I complained about mine years ago-and unfortunatly mine fell into the "acceptable" category. IIRC it was something like 3" per hour or so but not 100% sure.

If it's still under warranty, then tell the dealer about it to see what they say.

Perhaps Kevin can find this spec and post it for us-I will ask him...
Sorry Guys, The Deere site is having an issue. I cannot, currently, access this info. If I don't post a response by tomorrow evening, send me a message, because I will likely forget to look it up.:bash:

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you REALLY must leave your loader in the raised position and don't want it to fall. Get a piece of small channal iron or a piece STEEL pipe cut in half length wise and cut to just short of the length for the stroke of the cylinder. Raise your loader place the STAFTY STOP you just made on top of the cylinder rod, lower loader enough to hold stop in place. The loader will stay at that hight till you start the tractor and raise the loader. All your construction machines have these built right on the machine for service safty reasons.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
This is what I found.

sent from my cell via tapatalk

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
This is what I found.

Thank you Kevin, that is the one I saw before...If I remember correctly those measurements are taken on the rod retracting into the cylinder and not the actual loader or bucket drop correct?

I will post it also the in the Tech Library when I get a chance.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I believe that is measured at the bucket lip.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I let mine sit over the weekend with the bucket in the air and it appears that it didn't move at all!
Don't worry, :empathy3: it will.

Not to harp on safety, but it really isn't a safe practice to leave hydraulics pressurized, very bad things can happen.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't worry, :empathy3: it will.

Not to harp on safety, but it really isn't a safe practice to leave hydraulics pressurized, very bad things can happen.
Right. It's not a normal practice for me. After reading this thread I wanted to see how long it would take, because I had never left the tractor with the three-point or bucket at anything but the lowest position.

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
I let mine sit over the weekend with the bucket in the air and it appears that it didn't move at all!
You are one of the lucky ones!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts