Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the forum,:hi: I ordered a 2520 last friday, the dealer called me today and told me John Deere is telling him he wont have it till the end of July :thumbsdown:

Anyone else order one lately? How long did you wait?

I'm now debating on whether or not to cancel. The dealer is going to call me back tomorrow to see if there are other options.

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Welcome to DT:good2:

I have read of times into August, so end of July is probably correct. With the $2,500 incentive they are selling faster than they can build them.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Hey spruce
Welcome to DT:good2:
That seems to be the norm for 2520 delivery dates. Some buyers have even been given August dates. Seems the 2520 has been a really hot item lately. Even when I ordered mine in Dec. of '09,I had to wait a month. Not for the tractor,but for the FEL, which was delayed coming out of Canada.

Greg

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Welcome to DT Spruce! I really think a 2 month wait is pretty standard unless the dealer has one on the lot. I ordered my 2520 back in '08 and it was a 2 month wait. And I confirm the other posts, the 2520 is the hot ticket right now. You may even get lucky, and it will come in early, it has been known to happen. But, one thing for sure, it is well worth the wait. :good2: Hang in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. That wait time is about what I was told on a 2520. However, someone backed out on one and it was at my house in less than a week. I have a 62'' mmm, 200 cx front loader, 655 tiller, and quick hitch. I've already put it to use and am mostly happy with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Placed an order for 2520 today! MMM and small rotary mower.
Will not come in until first week in August. Long wait for me.

I do not need a FEL because I have one on a larger Tractor. But I can really use the two mowers.

Wish I had a business with a 8-9 backorder and people still wanted my product.

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. That wait time is about what I was told on a 2520. However, someone backed out on one and it was at my house in less than a week. I have a 62'' mmm, 200 cx front loader, 655 tiller, and quick hitch. I've already put it to use and am mostly happy with it.
Welcome to DT!

You should buy a lottery ticket being you are so lucky:laugh:

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Placed an order for 2520 today! MMM and small rotary mower.
Will not come in until first week in August. Long wait for me.

I do not need a FEL because I have one on a larger Tractor. But I can really use the two mowers.

Wish I had a business with a 8-9 backorder and people still wanted my product.
Did you get (or do you have) front suitcase weights? You WILL NEED something on the front to ballast the cutter.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
However, someone backed out on one and it was at my house in less than a week.
:welcomedt

Awesome! Good things come to those that wait. :good2:

Show us your baby.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did you get (or do you have) front suitcase weights? You WILL NEED something on the front to ballast the cutter.
I think he was asking me the one without the - FEL

the dealer said no front weight needed because I purchased the small rotary mower.. We will see what is like --

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
I think he was asking me the one without the - FEL

the dealer said no front weight needed because I purchased the small rotary mower.. We will see what is like --
Yes, I was asking you...flat level ground you may be OK without weights.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I ordered my 2520 last week and was told mid-August for delivery. :empathy:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was lucky and my local dealer had two on the lot. I had to wait a week for the 62D MMM to show up. The week wait killed me. I couldn't imagine having to wait over a month!:nunu:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was told third week of august. Dang! I need to mow the lawn :laugh:
I decided that it was too long of a wait, so I bought something else - a 2720, ii'll have it next week.:tongue:

If you don't mind used, there are a number of clean 2520's and 2720's on www.machinefinder.com that might work. I would consider all of them to be low time machines and would not be worried about them. I would make sure that the earlier ones have the late style lift arms. I didn't want to deal with finding someone to ship to Maine and I am hoping that my future plans work out and then the 2720 will be perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well I decided to wait for it, talked to the dealer today and he told me he would drop off a mower for me to cut grass with until the 2520 comes in ( I really only need something to cut grass with for the next 2 months anyhow) . After hearing some guys getting dates in Aug. I decided July wasnt so bad. :good2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts