Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a reasonable price for a 2520 with a loader and 46 backhoe. One owner, 150 hrs, kept in a shed, has the 3 pt with it but the loader and backhoe have never been off the tractor. I believe it’s a 2011. R4 tires.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think the real question is: What is a reasonable driving distance?

·
Registered
196 Posts
stay away from it, that's is 15 hrs. a year way to many hours. Is it for sale or you just going to offer him a price? Once you give us a price I'm sure you will get some responses here. how long its been sitting ? may not start battery issues and may be mice under hood There is a lot of things you got to look out for

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m going to buy it from my father who is in his 80s. Probably the longest it has ever sat is a few months, I used it yesterday. He has a 2720 with a loader also that got used for most work. The 2520 just got used for small backhoe jobs and the loader over the winter when the loader was off of the 2720 and the blower or plow was on. Often the forks would be on one tractor and a bucket on the other so less switching back and forth. I see what 2520s are listed for but what do they actually sell for.

·
Registered
13,565 Posts
Machine finder and tractor house are probably your best references. Free site like craigslist and Facebook are horrible sources stuff can sit for years because some crackhead thinks it’s worth more then gold. You have to watch them and see what’s posted and sells within a couple weeks.

Reactions: KHodges

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
stay away from it, that's is 15 hrs. a year way to many hours.
You're joking, right?
I see what 2520s are listed for but what do they actually sell for.
They usually sell for their listing, or more. It's the perfect size tractor for a small to medium scale landscaper who does irrigation and hardscape work or softscape (planting beds) revisions. I only wish I had a back hoe for mine.

I bought my 2009 2520 a year and a half ago, came with loader and 62D2 mower. Had 380 hours, price was $15K. I traded a 2008 X748SE with 1500 hours, 54C deck and 45 loader, rear PTO and 3-point, plus $8K cash.

I'd expect the back hoe alone would sell for $4000-4500, so I figure the TLB package would go for $18-19K at least with the low hours. Year model of the tractor doesn't depreciate value as much as time on the machine, and this is only one generation removed from the current 2-series offerings, and IMO are better tractors than the current ones. A new 2025R TLB is about $26K

Reactions: glc

·
Registered
290 Posts
You're joking, right?
They usually sell for their listing, or more. It's the perfect size tractor for a small to medium scale landscaper who does irrigation and hardscape work or softscape (planting beds) revisions. I only wish I had a back hoe for mine.

I bought my 2009 2520 a year and a half ago, came with loader and 62D2 mower. Had 380 hours, price was $15K. I traded a 2008 X748SE with 1500 hours, 54C deck and 45 loader, rear PTO and 3-point, plus $8K cash.

I'd expect the back hoe alone would sell for $4000-4500, so I figure the TLB package would go for $18-19K at least with the low hours. Year model of the tractor doesn't depreciate value as much as time on the machine, and this is only one generation removed from the current 2-series offerings, and IMO are better tractors than the current ones. A new 2025R TLB is about $26K
Yes, this post pretty much nailed it ! Nine months ago I found my tractor, I happened to find an exceptional deal on my 2014 2032 with 80 hrs. Since then I have added 100 hrs myself to the total. It took me 2 years to find the right tractor at the right price .

·
Registered
26,520 Posts
While 2520’s are rare to see for sale around here I saw one last week on a local classified. 611 hours with loader and backhoe.

I messaged the seller to see if they might be interested in selling the backhoe and attaching hardware separately. They messaged back that it was sold that same day but did ask the buyer if he wanted to sell the backhoe - no.

It was listed for $17k and am guessing it sold for that or slightly less since it was sold the same day it was listed.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Stan our tractors are indeed rare to see for sale!:)(y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts