Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it turns out I had the need to use the FEL (Front End Loader) on my 2520 this last weekend. I thought I'd take the opportunity to show how easy it is to mount. The first thing that you want to make sure is that none of the front PTO (Power Take Off) mounting is attached as this will interfere with the stand. The next thing is to position the tractor so the arms of the FEL and the tractor mounting brackets are all aligned. Turn the tractor off and attach the hydraulic lines. I like to store the hoses up on the arm; this keeps them up and out of the way. After the hydraulics are all connected I like to connect the quick connect end caps into themselves. This keeps the dust and dirt out of them as well as prevents them from hanging down and possibly getting snagged on something.

Attachments

Reactions: raco232

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
At this point I like to make sure the locks on the FEL arms are in the closed position. The reason is as the arms move into position the clamps will lock automatically. You can however close them once the arms are seated if they are not closed. Once the hydraulics are connected you start the tractor and with the joy stick, position the FEL arms on to the mounts. If the clamps are already closed you will here them lock in to position. I make sure the front wheels of the tractor actually come up off the ground. Also, as the arms move into position on the mounting brackets, the stand lifts off of the ground in to its mounted position. It is really simple, easy, and fast. Now just attach the ballast box and go have fun.

Also, John Deere has a new video showing the removal procedure.

http://www.deere.com/en_US/homeowne...actors/twenty_series/twenty_series_video.html

Attachments

Reactions: raco232
1 - 2 of 2 Posts