Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I picked up the MMM deck lock up kit from Deere today and in the installation instructions supplied it shows the brackets attaching to the frame with the welded piece toward the top of the tractor. Problem I'm having is the chains are simply to short to reach the draft arms with the brackets in this position? According to the pics I found on deereparts.com it shows the brackets with the welded pieces facing down? Does anyone have any good picks of the installed brackets on a 2520?

Thanks

T-Klash

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a 2720 and think it is the same it's a chain with a turnbuckle . Mower needs to be FULL height then adjust turnbuckle. I adjusted mine and used locktite on the threads and leave then on the tractor all the time. Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Tire Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Tractor Hope these pic. help, if I get time will take more.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: rgd

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, rock shaft control is raised all the way up and I'm still about a link short with the turnbuckle extended almost to the last thread. I read that thread earlier that you had directed me to and the picture that you attached was the same one I came across as well that shows the brackets facing down. I'll take some pics tonight and post them.

Thanks

T-Klash

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can see in the pic I'm about a link short?

T-Klash

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Here is what I have. Maybe you'll see something that is different. In the last pic, you can see there isn't a lot of clearance between the bracket and the lift arms. Also, make sure you put the circle clips to the outside, or bad things can happen. One last thing, I have about an inch of thread engagement.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pics Randy,

I've attached a couple of more and from looking at yours and mine it looks like they have moved the connection point on the bottom as mine seems to be lower and farther toward the front of the tractor and yours is closer to the rear which makes sense why I'm short. I'm going to send the wife tomorrow and get some links added and we'll see how that goes.

I greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks

T-Klash

Attachments

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Klash, your lower brackets are on backward. You need to turn them around, you also may need to swap them from side to side. I think that will solve your problem. :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: RayT

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dealer put all that together, you got to be kidding!

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
The dealer put all that together, you got to be kidding!
Someone wasn't thinking and they got assembled incorrectly. One more thing, once you remount the brackets you'll probably need to check your deck for level. Are you going to correct this or send it back to the dealer?

Reactions: klash2

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking at it this morning I figured the same thing because of the hole location on the arms after I swap them left to right I'll have to reset the mower height. I've got my long weekend project planned already!

Thanks again for the help.

T-Klash

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Klash,

You get'er fixed? How was the job, easy?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, thanks for all the help Randy.

I reversed the draft arms and then went through the whole deck leveling procedure again. Haven't had a chance to let my dealer know but I definitely will next time I'm in there, they could be installing them all backwards. I guess if you never install the lock up kit you may never know they're backwards!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Had my 2520 for 2 years, and found mine on backwards and on the wrong sides, then had to readjust the mower deck all over again, but like you mentioned, if you did not try to lockup the mower you would never know it!:lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts