Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to do the first oil change and grabbed the engine oil filter and low and behold the whole end of it was smashed. The box is fine so it must have dropped at one time. Anyway I had purchased the alternate JD oil filter for the tractor so I could atleast finish. I guess I will open the boxes from now on and examine the filter before I pay.

·
Administrator
21,064 Posts
That sounds like the kind of luck I have sometimes...if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have none at all.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Sorry for your bad luck. But, that's a great tip. :good2: Thanks for the reminder.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was also surprised the hydro screen was relatively clean. A few filing but not to bad and nothing big, but a question do the magnets just sit in the bottom of the screen? That is how they were when I took them out and that is where I put them back.

I know what you mean Kenny after I posted this I went to drain the hydro and when I got to the axle drains I drop the funnel right when I took the plug out and made a little mess on the shop floor. Luck for me they don't hold too much. I guess that is why they make shop rags and simple green for.

·
Administrator
21,064 Posts
Yes, the magnets just sit in there...

I always keep large pieces (2' x 2' or bigger) of cardboard around for when I do oil changes and such, it helps keep the floor clean and soaks up spills well.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the magnets just sit in there...

I always keep large pieces (2' x 2' or bigger) of cardboard around for when I do oil changes and such, it helps keep the floor clean and soaks up spills well.
Oh, sure now you tell me...:laugh: I will have to remember that cardboard trick. Smart idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.