Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2520 that I'm looking to add a snowblower and log splitter to, with possibly more in the future. The blower has hydraulic chute rotation and the splitter has it's own detent valve. Instead of doing the 3rd SCV and Power Beyond, is there any reason I shouldn't just install the Power Beyond and do whatever valves I want from there depending on the device? The splitter already has a valve, so I would just pick up a 4 way, 3 position, spring to center, open center valve for the blower cylinder? Seems way cheaper and gives me a lot of options with just the simple Power Beyond ports?

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
Steve,
This is done all the time, your feeding the new valve with the PB lines, for a proper install you should have a separate tank return and with the new valve being equipped with Power Beyond port.

You would just have a set of couplers in the PB lines that you could plumb the logsplitter inline with when you need it.

Here are two marked up pics I made for a guy a long time ago to illustrate hooking up a backhoe, that hooks up the same as a splitter would.

SCV No BH.JPG

SCV with BH.JPG

Here are a couple threads that can help too:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/medium-frame-compact-utility-tractors-mcut/5014-2520-diy-power-beyond-parts-list-basic-instructions.html

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/hydraulics/6704-installing-rear-3-spool-selective-control-valve-valve-2720-a.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
Why have them do the install? It's easy...you can even make the "kit" yourself, info is in one of the links I posted.

The valve you linked does NO have a PB port, and while it will technically work just plumbed inline, it is not recommend.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking that a Power Beyond valve only provides an additional pressure port to supply another valve, and that not having this would not effect anything on the tractor side for function or safety. Is that correct?

Thanks again!

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
Steve,
Please read the post I linked about adding valves on a 2720, I believe it explains why the PB port is suggested. In a nutshell it's because there can be backpressure placed on the OUT port of the non-PB equipped valve when the downstream valve (usually the 3PH/Rockshaft) is operated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get it now... the PB kit is installed so there is already a "beyond" past my additional valve on the tractor :)

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for another question...

From what I'm reading, the JD PB kit for my 2520 only has 2 ports so it would not be true PB and the 3PH would not operate at the same time as my rear valves? Would I need to disconnect the valves to run the 3PH or I just couldn't run both at the exact same time?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts