Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Thought i would post some pics of my custom ROPS/light bar i made for my 2520. The OEM ROPS was fine but lets be honest, not the most flattering safety attachment, and also wouldnt fit under my garage roller door... I made the structural components out of 5mm tube/box/plate so hopefully maintains most of the integrity.

Note also the work lights which i have bolted on just below shoulder height which leaves your eyeline unobstructed.

Now i can mow all hours!

Cheers.

Attachments

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Looks really nice! I don't know how it would compare to the original ROPS, if it were ever needed, but if it has the same strength there, you're all set!

·
Registered
13,189 Posts
looks pretty neat their. and it would look just as nice on my 2520 too!! big jim:greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
15,180 Posts
looks pretty neat their. and it would look just as nice on my 2520 too!! big jim:greentractorride:
I think it would look good on my 2720 too!!!

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts
Great idea! :thumbup1gif:

I've got the same problem. Door too low, ROPS too high...:banghead: and I want to put lights on the top....

I just might have to go find some tube....:munch:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Hiya,

I like it, do you need sun glasses when you turn all of the lights on? :good2:

JimR you have competition for the title of brightest 2 series ROPS now :laugh:

If you ever make another one, put my name on it.

Question: What's this?
2520 aus.PNG

Reactions: JimR

·
Administrator
21,478 Posts
Nice fab work! How's the head clearance? I like the protected hazard flashers rather than having them sticking out to get knocked off. :good2:

·
Super Moderator
5,969 Posts
I gotta get on Amazon and order some more lights! :laugh:

Reactions: DRobinson

·
Registered
121 Posts
I did the same thing to my 2720 I cut the roll bar shorter and welded a piece of 2 square tube .25 wall across the top and I am working on the lighting now I bought 2 of the little square lights you have aimed back and a 18 in led light bar aimed forward

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hiya,

I like it, do you need sun glasses when you turn all of the lights on? :good2:

If you ever make another one, put my name on it.

Question: What's this?
View attachment 101129
Its a trailer plug to connect the cable for the 4in1 diverter solenoid on the FEL. When you hit the button on the joystick, moving left and right opens/closes the bucket instead of crowding back and forth.

·
Registered
121 Posts
How are all of your light switched?

I want to switch mine independent from the factory lights just not sure we're to put the switch

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How are all of your light switched?

I want to switch mine independent from the factory lights just not sure we're to put the switch

I ran a completely seperate circuit straight from the battery with its own fuse. Indicators/tail lights are wired to the main lighting loom. I put the switch on the dash next to the existing light switch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts