Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some input on snow blowers to help me decide which way to go, has anyone used any of the Frontier rear mount and if so what are your thoughts on the overall useability of it?

If I'm reading the Deere site correct it looks like quite a bit is required in order for the front mount:

-Quick Tatch Bracket
-Front PTO Shaft
-Dual Selective Control Valve

Thanks

T-Klash

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
The front mount is expensive and does need alot of parts. We have a front mount on our 4110. Its nice because you are driving and looking forward. But, if I were to buy one for my 4520, it would be rear mount because its simple and I have a cab. Rear mounts are closer to the driver and, I am guessing, might cover the driver in more snow.

·
Administrator
21,040 Posts
Front is better, no sore neck or back looking behind while blowing. They are however twice the price of a rear mount at about $3500. Oh, and you already have the DSCV-it's what you control the loader with.

The big questions to answer are how much snow do you get, and how much area do you have to remove snow from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I wasn't sure about DSC Valve requirement that's kind of what I thought. I gather the hydraulics for the blower plug in where the loader does then correct?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm still waiting to receive my 2520 it's been on order for over 2-1/2 months so I'm not familiar with the tractor yet. I'm starting to think it will never come!

Thanks

·
Administrator
21,040 Posts
Yes, the blower plugs into the DSCV ( dual selective control valve) to control the up and down and chute rotation. It is powered from the mid-PTO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Yeah, I am with Kenny, I like it out front. The front quick attach can be used for other attachments also.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would love a front blower, but the cost to get one is the same as a loader.

In my case, an MK Martin front 3PT/PTO would be more ideal. Can use our existing rear blower.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2720 rear

i went with a rear blower because i think the schulte (very similar to frontier) rear mount are heavier built and will fit on any tractor with a 3point so if you trade to a different frame style it should still fit.

·
Registered
3046R with 385a, 320R.
886 Posts
I have the SB1154 from frontier on my 2320 and love it. works great, runs quite and throws anything I can stuff in it. I like having the blower on the rear and having the FEL on the front for smaller storms or quick clean up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts