Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, is there a magic wand special tool or something used to check the trans fluid level?

I can't seem to get the level just as described in the operators manual (which apparently is the same as my 2210 - 3/4 of sight glass or a bubble).

I realize the arms must be lowered & the machine has to sit for a while before checking the level, but is there something else I am missing?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a loader?? Make sure the cylinders are all in - down , bucket back.
Maybe thats it...I typically put the loader down, but with the bucket level......

ETA: that has to be what was kicking my ass. I just went out and checked it, I have a small bubble at the top of the glass, and I left the bucket back when I parked it earlier! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
2032r transmission fluid level

this might be a dumb question :dunno: I was checking the trans fluid level on my 2016 2032r and all I see in the sight glass in a red circle the manual says it shoul be 1/2 to 3/4 the way up in the glass the loader and 3 pt hitch are in the lowered position and tractor has been sitting over night I was wondering if I should add fluid :banghead: I am new to tractors and just not sure

Attachments

·
Registered
26,513 Posts
Believe it or not, the 2520 has a dipstick for the transmission. It is not listed in the owner's manual. I went for 3 years or more fighting with that stupid sight glass until I found out in the forum

The best way I can explain where it is -

Stand next to the left rear wheel. Now put the range selector in low and look where the range selector arm goes down below the fender. Now put it in high, and look where the range selector arm was when it was in low - you will see the curved top of the dipstick.

I can barely get my fat hand on it so I use a pair of plyers or a hook ( hook and pick set) to pull it out.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Yep! It's on the 2032R also.
Looked at parts diagram and it shows a dipstick.

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,680 Posts
Maybe thats it...I typically put the loader down, but with the bucket level......

ETA: that has to be what was kicking my ass. I just went out and checked it, I have a small bubble at the top of the glass, and I left the bucket back when I parked it earlier! Thanks!
You should also check AFTER the tractor has been shut down 1 -2 hours. Do not check while the tractor is running.

·
Premium Member
16,055 Posts
Ok, is there a magic wand special tool or something used to check the trans fluid level?

I can't seem to get the level just as described in the operators manual (which apparently is the same as my 2210 - 3/4 of sight glass or a bubble).

I realize the arms must be lowered & the machine has to sit for a while before checking the level, but is there something else I am missing?
Don't obsess on the 3/4 full / bubble. If you want to get an accurate level reading use the dipstick as described. Also, don't be afraid to let the tractor sit overnight if necessary to ensure everything has settled down into the sump. It is VERY easy to overfill if you do not let it settle down.

My 2720 is basically the same tractor as yours and when the dipstick is reading the correct level there is no bubble, the sight glass shows completely full.

You will find that trying to use the sight glass can be very frustrating. Also, if you add or remove any hydraulic implements like the loader, front snow blower, etc. the oil level will be all over the place as the implement will take some oil with it.

My sight glass varies from being completely covered to showing half way depending on what implement I have on. However, in all cases the dipstick always shows an acceptable level.

Why the owner's manual for the 2520/2720/2032R does NOT mention anything about the dipstick remains a total mystery.

Reactions: bmichael and Gizmo2

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
You know, speaking of the dipstick, when I found it, I did use it. I don't use it every time to check the level though. Mostly, I'll just glance at the glass. It might be months before I use the stick again. The last time I tried to check it, I could not get it to come out. I tried to rotate it a bit to break it free, and it wouldn't budge.:unknown:

·
Registered
26,513 Posts
You know, speaking of the dipstick, when I found it, I did use it. I don't use it every time to check the level though. Mostly, I'll just glance at the glass. It might be months before I use the stick again. The last time I tried to check it, I could not get it to come out. I tried to rotate it a bit to break it free, and it wouldn't budge.:unknown:
Same here. It gets used once in the spring and fall when I change over for the upcoming season. Or when doing a fluid change. Where I park in the warmer months in my pavillion the nose is facing downhill a little so my sight glass always is empty. In the winter it is in the barn and the sight glass reads properly.

I'll never forget the frustration after changing the fluid the first time and trying to get the level correct with the sight glass. I think it was over a 3 day period of adding some fluid and sucking some out - again and again. I was so happy to then finally learn about the dipstick.

I know that the dipstick is really tough coming out. I couldn't get it to budge with plyers - then took the biggest pick I had and had to really yank on it.

·
Premium Member
16,055 Posts
I noticed the same thing when it hasn't been out in a while. I have a set of these el-cheapo HF pry bars. I reach down with the middle one and am always able to pull the dipstick right out. As you know, the handle on the dipstick isn't the easiest thing to reach.

Tool accessory Tool Metalworking hand tool

Reactions: keane and glc
1 - 11 of 11 Posts