Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2520 with a new 54 inch snow blade. The blade will raise up and down, but will not turn left and right. The dealer said that the hoses moving the blade up and down are correct. Switch the other two. I have. It will not work. Does anyone have any ideas as what could be wrong. The hoses are color coded, but do not match the tractor. I have researched that and have been given info as to how they line up. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
22,935 Posts
Welcome to DT!

Your problem is two-fold...a mis-informed dealer being the biggest one unfortunately.

Your other issue is due to the "regen" or "regenerative" function of the FEL valve, please read this thread: http://www.greentractortalk.com/for...ive-quot-function-of-a-FEL-Valve-Read-it-here...

To sum it up, you need to not move your joystick so far to the right, and/or find the lockout so it can't go into the regen mode.

Reactions: Artillian

·
Registered
162 Posts
Your problem is two-fold...a mis-informed dealer being the biggest one unfortunately.

Your other issue is due to the "regen" or "regenerative" function of the FEL valve, please read this thread: http://www.greentractortalk.com/for...ive-quot-function-of-a-FEL-Valve-Read-it-here...

To sum it up, you need to not move your joystick so far to the right, and/or find the lockout so it can't go into the regen mode.
I wish the 2520 had a tab that you could slide to quickly enable and disable the regen functionality. It can be disabled but it is major surgery involving remove the rear wheel, so it easier to not go all the way right on the joystick.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a new 2520 with a new 54 inch snow blade. The blade will raise up and down, but will not turn left and right. The dealer said that the hoses moving the blade up and down are correct. Switch the other two. I have. It will not work. Does anyone have any ideas as what could be wrong. The hoses are color coded, but do not match the tractor. I have researched that and have been given info as to how they line up. Any help would be appreciated.
Just a thought I'd check and see if the center pin is installed in your quick hitch. That pin is used for keeping a installed snow blower from moving side to side. If this was dealer installed maybe they put that pin in.

·
Administrator
22,935 Posts
Just a thought I'd check and see if the center pin is installed in your quick hitch. That pin is used for keeping a installed snow blower from moving side to side. If this was dealer installed maybe they put that pin in.
Great thought! :thumbup1gif:

If that is the problem (and I hope it is that simple) one still needs to be aware of the regen function since it can still cause problems with the front blades.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.