Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some dirt that needed grading and seeding. Thought as long as I had the equipment out I would shoot some photos. I used the FEL first to knock down the really bumpy spots by doing some back dragging. I then used the box blade to level and final grade. Lastly, I finished it all off with the tiller and little light hand raking. I think it all turned out prety well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Nice looking yard.

Sent from Kev's EVO.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Very nice Randy. That tiller looks very nice. I like the flap to keep the dirt and rocks down in the front :good2:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the flap to keep the dirt and rocks down in the front :good2:
Yeah, I think the front rubber flap is a must on these reverse rotation tillers. It really does the job.

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
Lookin' good Randy...one comment though-you really should tie up those rear MMM draft arms ( I use cable-ties/zip-ties) so you don't bend them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Was using my tiller and other things this weekend for garden and the wife's flower bed and I have a question on the turn buckles on a 2520.
It seems I always have to reach in and tighten them up constantly. Is there supposed to be some sort of locking mechanism? I bought used and it had some small elect wire wrapped around there that was useless so discarded.

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
Was using my tiller and other things this weekend for garden and the wife's flower bed and I have a question on the turn buckles on a 2520.
It seems I always have to reach in and tighten them up constantly. Is there supposed to be some sort of locking mechanism? I bought used and it had some small elect wire wrapped around there that was useless so discarded.
There should be a locking ring (#23) that goes into the hole in the threaded part of the turbuckle (#22) that keeps it from loosening.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
First I want to apologize to Randy as I want to thank him for the pics and fine work.
I am new here and am having trouble printing the diagrams. I can not enlarge them but I think I understand what Kenny sent. I need BIG circle rings and it should work from there. Thanks

·
Administrator
21,006 Posts
RR, have you tried to use JDParts yourself? There is a quick tutorial linked in my signature if you need help with it...

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lookin' good Randy...one comment though-you really should tie up those rear MMM draft arms ( I use cable-ties/zip-ties) so you don't bend them.
Yeah Ken, I got in a hurry thinkin' about everything else. I actually have the lock up kit, just didn't put it on.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First I want to apologize to Randy as I want to thank him for the pics and fine work.
I am new here and am having trouble printing the diagrams. I can not enlarge them but I think I understand what Kenny sent. I need BIG circle rings and it should work from there. Thanks
Riley, no apologies needed. I am glad I could make a post to get you talkin'. :biggrin: Also, I found I hated the lock rings, they just didn't work well for me. I ended up using wire ties "zip ties". You just want to prevent the turnbuckles from turning by themselves.

·
Registered
75 Posts
"Also, I found I hated the lock rings, they just didn't work well for me."

I had the same experience. Now I use bailing wire to lock them in place.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks guys for help. Have been working a lot of overtime and seems like I never have enough time for the fine tuning at the moment.
Kenny I tried the JD Parts but I need more time I guess. Once I believe I got a price and tried to order but the dealer did not get it so I just kinda moved on.
This is a very informative site and I :bye2:am great full that some one asked me to check it out.
RR

1 - 13 of 13 Posts