Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a quote from the dealer for adding a backhoe to my 1205r i want to do it my self. for the 260 its $6,057.00 plus the 16" bucket $104.00 this comes with the sub frame and power beyond and seat swivil kit for a total of $6,100.00 tax free and with tax 8.00 = $488 so with tax it would be $6,588.00
i asked if i could finace this and he said yes i could do 0%for 72 nothing down and monthly payment of $302 a month or 84 Months with a down payment of $2,286.36 with a payment of $245 a month

now i did the math and i did 72 divided by 6,100 and got $84.73 a month also did the 72 divided by 6,588 and got $91.50 and then i did 84 divided 6,100 and got $72.61 a month then 84 divided by 6,588.00 and got $78.42 a month

so i dont know how he got those monthly payments because 72 times 302 = 21,744 and 84 times 245=20,580

is the 16" bucket the biggest one you can get for the 260

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
i got a quote from the dealer for adding a backhoe to my 1205r i want to do it my self. for the 260 its $6,057.00 plus the 16" bucket $104.00 this comes with the sub frame and power beyond and seat swivil kit for a total of $6,100.00 tax free and with tax 8.00 = $488 so with tax it would be $6,588.00
i asked if i could finace this and he said yes i could do 0%for 72 nothing down and monthly payment of $302 a month or 84 Months with a down payment of $2,286.36 with a payment of $245 a month

now i did the math and i did 72 divided by 6,100 and got $84.73 a month also did the 72 divided by 6,588 and got $91.50 and then i did 84 divided 6,100 and got $72.61 a month then 84 divided by 6,588.00 and got $78.42 a month

so i dont know how he got those monthly payments because 72 times 302 = 21,744 and 84 times 245=20,580

I would tell him to check his math. I bought mine with FEL mmm BH n financed it for 303 a month.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts

Sounds like math isn't his strong suit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
They finance a BH? :dunno: I think 16" is the biggest and the soil will need to be soft and rock and root free to use that instead of a 12" I either saw custom or aftermarket that were bigger.

·
Registered
474 Posts
They finance a BH? :dunno: I think 16" is the biggest and the soil will need to be soft and rock and root free to use that instead of a 12" I either saw custom or aftermarket that were bigger.
The 16" bucket digs just as well as the 12" bucket. They both have the same teeth on them and exert the exact same force in the ground when digging. The extra weight from more dirt gies unnoticed.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not to change the subject but could some one tell me what the height of the backhoe to the top of the boom is with the transport pins in them so i can measure it to see if it will fit in the garage door

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok the opening on my garage door is 6'11" tall i have to put the rops down to park it in the garage so with the back hoe on it should fit right

·
Registered
1 Posts
As others have said (and even you) yes the numbers are off. I got my 1025r with a brush mower and box blade for 251$ with 3k down. I know you are not asking but what are you needing the back hoe for? I only ask because I probably wouldn't get it again if I had the option. While it is nice, 5-6k will pay for a lot of trencher rentals or hiring a contractor. I have done a fair amount of trenching but being so small it is time consuming. Also I can't dig a straight trench for the life of me.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have a few projects i need to do and i would rent one but the only rental place has junk equipment charges to much for it and is cobbled together to half a$$ work and i spend 80% of the day trying to get it to some what work:banghead: and hiring it to be done the contractors in my area you pay through the nose for sloppy work. so buying one then i have it and know that it will work since i treat equipment nice and take care of it and if i want to start a project and the weather turns bad i can stop and come back to it when ever i choose to do so and that it is done right :bigthumb:

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
You are fine folded rope are taller than hoe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ok so i sent an email to the dealer about it and this was his reply. Hey Ryan,

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday i was at the fair at our booth So looking at the e-mail I sent you I realized that I'm a moron and quoted you for a different deal I have been working on with another customer....

The total for the backhoe including sales tax is $6,588

We can NOT get 0% interest for just a backhoe. It would have to be purchased with a compact tractor

So you would be paying about 9.9% interest and your monthly payment for the backhoe is $164.70 a month until it was paid off.

To get this payment you take $6,588 X 2.5% = $164.70

Sorry for the confusion and if you have any questions please call.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

so im wondering if i could get a better interest rate at the local credit union ill have to call them and ask

·
Registered
375 Posts
ok so i sent an email to the dealer about it and this was his reply:

JD DEALER; said:
Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday i was at the fair at our booth So looking at the e-mail I sent you I realized that I'm a moron and quoted you for a different deal I have been working on with another customer....
The total for the backhoe including sales tax is $6,588
We can NOT get 0% interest for just a backhoe. It would have to be purchased with a compact tractor
So you would be paying about 9.9% interest and your monthly payment for the backhoe is $164.70 a month until it was paid off.
To get this payment you take $6,588 X 2.5% = $164.70
Sorry for the confusion and if you have any questions please call.
so im wondering if i could get a better interest rate at the local credit union ill have to call them and ask
It wouldn't hurt to ask, but it would probably be classified as a personal loan so the interest rate would be much higher than that of a car or other vehicle that acts as a security interest (aka could be repossessed if you default). My credit union has vehicle loans at 3% and personal loans at 8.9%.

At 9.9% interest with a payment of $164.70, it would take approximately 4.1 years to pay off the balance with a total finance charge of around $1,450 if you only paid the minimum 2.5% payment, making the total investment just over $8,000. Also, the warranty on the backhoe would only be 1 year since it was purchased separate from the tractor.

Call me crazy, but you should get a quote from the dealer about trading in your 2014 1025 with just the loader for a new 1025 FILB. May as well consider all your options.

:bigthumb:

Oh, and I've never hit the garage header with my backhoe; it fits fine through a standard 7' high door opening. It's the ROPS that kills garage doors and headers.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
i have a few projects i need to do and i would rent one but the only rental place has junk equipment charges to much for it and is cobbled together to half a$$ work and i spend 80% of the day trying to get it to some what work:banghead: and hiring it to be done the contractors in my area you pay through the nose for sloppy work. so buying one then i have it and know that it will work since i treat equipment nice and take care of it and if i want to start a project and the weather turns bad i can stop and come back to it when ever i choose to do so and that it is done right :bigthumb:
My sentiments exactly !!! I don't use mine much , but I can use when I want , whether I finish or not .:bigthumb:
Actually , I bought my backhoe so I could put Kennyd's steps on it !!!!! lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
My sentiments exactly !!! I don't use mine much , but I can use when I want , whether I finish or not .
That is precisely why i bought the FILB (and my wood splitter, lathe, mill, etc.) I can use it when I want; even if it is just walking by and thinking "Hey, I think I will start that drainage ditch now". I don't have to rent, borrow, schedule it to use it and if I want a break mid job I can park it without being "on the clock".

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is precisely why i bought the FILB (and my wood splitter, lathe, mill, etc.) I can use it when I want; even if it is just walking by and thinking "Hey, I think I will start that drainage ditch now". I don't have to rent, borrow, schedule it to use it and if I want a break mid job I can park it without being "on the clock".
my point precisely

1 - 20 of 24 Posts