Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a new Backhoe owner and a new operator.... I opted for the 12" bucket. After some research, there is also an 8" available too. Is there any other options available? Can't seem to find anything else(?). Is or there any other attachments available at the dealer or in the secondary market? Just a few thoughts to ponder. Thanks. :hide:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Being a new Backhoe owner and a new operator.... I opted for the 12" bucket. After some research, there is also an 8" available too. Is there any other options available? Can't seem to find anything else(?). Is or there any other attachments available at the dealer or in the secondary market? Just a few thoughts to ponder. Thanks. :hide:
Look up bro-tek, they have a ripper tooth, trencher and manual thumb. There's also a 16" bucket available from Deere. http://www.bro-tek.com/home/

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,127 Posts
John Deere 16 In. Bucket (0.90 Cu. Ft.) BLV10026 $492.80

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
Just remember the larger the bucket the less power you will have for digging. The smaller the more power you will have. Large buckets with that hoe would be for easy stuff like sand or loam, no large bones. It's all about displacement vs the size of the machine. By the way the lobsters look good!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I now have all three buckets-- 8 inch, 12 inch (came with), and 16 inch. Recently dug an irrigation ditch starting with the 16 for the first third, switched to the 12 for the next third, and finished with the 8 for the last third of the 300 foot total length. This allows water to spill out along the way evenly. I don't have many rocks at all and could not tell much difference between any of them. The 16 inch can quicken the job but the 8 inch is good for narrow trenches like water/electric lines. Just wish there was an easy change kit available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts