Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if others with a 260 backhoe could check a couple things.

With the bucket in the air (no load) and you are curling, or moving the dipper stick, the boom is unable to lift at all.

However if you have some load on the bucket or dipper stick then the boom can lift some... like when digging.

Seems like a flow problem, but even with RPM's maxed out it acts the same.

To answer others questions... my 260 can lift the tractor off the ground provided the bucket is fairly close to tractor. It can lift it with Boom or DipperStick.

Also curious the purpose of the 'float' position on the Boom. I used float a lot on a FEL and understand it's purpose... just don't see a purpose on the backhoe boom.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
You have to remember the fluid will take the path of least resistance.

So, with the bucket full and curling there is resistance due to the weight which allows the dipper stick to rise. The dipper is also the first valve in the series I believe.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It takes a lot of feathering, but I have gotten my 260 to do 3 functions at once! Ok, really slowly...
Unfortunately, I can not get the BH on right now as it is currently surrounded and buried by 20" of snow. That does not include the 3' of blown pack that extends for about 50' of the path that I need to use to get to it. :snow:

Mr. Moose

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Yep volume is low.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah when trenching I found I can do 3 functions at once just slower. Trick for speed seems to limit right stick movement when using left stick back. Any other combination works well for speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts