Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my new 260 backhoe on my 2006 2305 a couple weeks ago and just used it for the first time last week. I was disappointed at the amount of slop in the bore's where the attaching pins go. I thought it was excessive but I tried to dig with it anyway, bad choice! it had around .060-.080 clearance in the pin bore and when I put down pressure to dig and then curled the bucket and raised the boom it would bang harshly. I only tried a couple buckets then quit. I was going to ream the bores and then turn pins to fit but I came up with a quick fix for now and will ream and machine pins later if at all. I simply measured the clearance between the backhoe frame and the tractor subframe. It was close enough to use 1/8th " flat bar, I just broke a one inch by two inch piece and drilled a 17/32 hole in it. then slipped it in between the two frames and transfer punched the spacer block. I drilled and tapped 1/4-20 treads and then bolted in place. It took up almost all the slop and is not hard to align the pins either.:usa

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
That is a great fix. I am surprised there is so much slop in the pins. The 260 on my 1025 is quite tight and have to be quite precise when I attach the backhoe to my tractor. I guess if things start to get loose on mine I now know how to fix it.

Adam

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
My pins seemed tight but I had one fall out because I didn't close the keeper all the way. I had driven the tractor to my Dad house and was using the backhoe for a while before I noticed the pin was gone. Found it just down the road from my house. I put zip ties on the pins so if that ever happens again they stay attached and will just hang there. Other than human error that one time I haven't had any issues. I have to make sure it is lined up almost perfect to take pins in or out when switching attachments.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
eosenga, Thats a great solution to a problem I didn't know I had...:bigbeer: I may have 200 hours on the BH and never thought about reducing that slop.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had my pins fall out as well. I replaced them with hitch pins. Never had one fall out since. Nice Mod. :greentractorride:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts