Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to apologize and say THANK YOU to the guy who showed us how he built the steps. I can't find his thread and when it tried searching for it, it didn't pop up. :( I am a Disabled Vet and with my arthritis and bad back and now 2 broke feet I built steps for mine too using his original as a blue print. I didn't bolt mine fast but went to my favorite store TSC and got 4 3/4 inch pins with keeper snap rings to hold them in. I got the steps off Amazon and the 4 x12 X 1/4in steel from Lowes. The paint was from Lowes too. I'm not a welder or much of a builder. So it came out great for me. I can run equipment with the best but not anymore. Anyway, here's the finished product. The steps fold up. I forgot to say I'm a pretty big guy at 6' 230lbs and the step hold me just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
I want to apologize and say THANK YOU to the guy who showed us how he built the steps. I can't find his thread and when it tried searching for it, it didn't pop up. :( I am a Disabled Vet and with my arthritis and bad back and now 2 broke feet I built steps for mine too using his original as a blue print. I didn't bolt mine fast but went to my favorite store TSC and got 4 3/4 inch pins with keeper snap rings to hold them in. I got the steps off Amazon and the 4 x12 X 1/4in steel from Lowes. The paint was from Lowes too. I'm not a welder or much of a builder. So it came out great for me. I can run equipment with the best but not anymore. Anyway, here's the finished product. The steps fold up. I forgot to say I'm a pretty big guy at 6' 230lbs and the step hold me just fine.

Thank you for your service:usa And nice work on the backhoe steps, I may have to make something similar. Deere definitely made it so you have to be a gymnast to climb on and off the 1 series with a backhoe.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your service:usa And nice work on the backhoe steps, I may have to make something similar. Deere definitely made it so you have to be a gymnast to climb on and off the 1 series with a backhoe.:laugh:
Your welcome! And Thanks! The struggle is real trying to use it the way they intended. I usually will just turn sideways and run it without turning all the way around. It was much faster that way before I added the steps. Now I can't wait to go try out the steps. :)

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Very nice I like a straightforward modification. It does what you need. When I bought my 1025R last July I did not get the BH because at 420lbs no way would I fit. Thanks for your service. :usa:usa:usa

·
Registered
967 Posts
Nice!

Reactions: wentonbrown

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts
Very nice step!

FYI: For others that are interested in a step for their 260 backhoes, we are close to releasing our version of this very soon :munch:

·
Registered
967 Posts
very nice step!

Fyi: For others that are interested in a step for their 260 backhoes, we are close to releasing our version of this very soon :munch:
yeee-ha!!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Pretty awesome mod. I like it :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Nice job , I like the color . I left mine black , mostly cause I didn't have any other paint !!

Footstep Build 009.JPG

Thanks Kenny for taking the project on !!! Can't wait to see them . :munch::munch::munch:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice job , I like the color . I left mine black , mostly cause I didn't have any other paint !!

View attachment 323090

Thanks Kenny for taking the project on !!! Can't wait to see them . :munch::munch::munch:
No romcjr, Thank you! I can climb up there pretty easy now because of your design. I spent a lot of time in TSC today to because now I am gonna build a step to climb up into the cab. Wasn't a problem before I broke my feet. Hoping I can get the garage warm enough to start on it tomorrow. No heat in there yet. Hoping I will have a new garage or barn this fall.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

View attachment 323090

Have you plowed snow with your piranha toothbar on?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Very nice step!

FYI: For others that are interested in a step for their 260 backhoes, we are close to releasing our version of this very soon :munch:
How soon? I really need one of those it seems my wife keeps shrinking my pants making it harder and harder to get up on the backhoe!

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Thanks for the kudos Wentonbrown . Funny you mention a step for the cab because of a broken foot because that's partly why I built my step . I shattered several bones in my foot after a fall from a ladder . As you probably already know , it never heals back to normal . Good luck with your cab step and let us see what you come up with . :munch:

To answer your other question , no matter what I try , I just can't make it snow here in SE Texas . And yes sometimes I do get a little jealous of the folks that get seat time blowing snow . Although it probably seems like fun to me , sitting here in my warm comfy easy chair !!!!

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts
How soon? I really need one of those it seems my wife keeps shrinking my pants making it harder and harder to get up on the backhoe!
A few weeks, if all goes well.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I just can't make it snow here in SE Texas .
Pretty much same here in Central Tx. Daughter built snowman (maybe 5" tall) here once - son (2 yrs younger) was really unhappy 'cause HE never got the chance. He didn't see snow until we went to the Grand Canyon one New Years Eve. Made snow angels & and ate spaghetti inside our travel van that evening while parked on the rim. Unforgettable.

Put me on the,"pre order" list!
And me. Almost didn't buy the BH because hubby had so much trouble getting on/off (bad knees) at the dealers. I found some users' step pics here on GTT that inspired us to go ahead. Ssssooooo glad.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts