Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BXpanded makes a nice storage cart for the BX25 Backhoe , looks like it should work on the JD 260 hoe. Anyone bought one , if so fits well ?

·
Administrator
18,529 Posts
I have not heard of anyone trying BXE's stand on the JD hoe's before. It seems like a easy project to make one however if you have basic metalworking-or even woodworking skills.

·
Registered
6 Posts
building BH dolly on youtube

There is a guy on youtube who made up a nice video on building a backhoe dolly for a similar sized Massey backhoe.
backhoe dolly - YouTube

I bought the heavy duty castors but still haven't gotten around to building it. It can't be that complicated....famous last words:lol:. That BX dolly looks pretty good too....even if it is the wrong color.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd just make one out of a couple of furniture dollys at harbor freight and some 2x4's if looks aren't a concern. That hoe only weighs 600lb.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So does anyone know if this will work with the 260 backhoe? My metal working skills are none existent so building one is out of the question for me. Looking to have the backhoe take up a little less space in the garage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had bxpanded make one for my 260, arrives tomorrow so I will report back.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Do you have a report for us? I want to get one also.

Jon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry, I had to get the last leaves of the season taken care of with my MCS on before switching to the backhoe. Will get it done this weekend.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was considering one of these but was able to get everything in pretty tight without it. I think it would actually take up more room using a stand. I don't need to move it around so this works for me. With the stand I wouldn't be able to get the bucket over the loader stand and in as tight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353105797.727351.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
479 Posts
Wired, so how do you get at the loader w/o attaching the hoe?

·
Registered
479 Posts
BTW, nice looking garage! Mine looks like an atom bomb went off inside!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wired, so how do you get at the loader w/o attaching the hoe?
I always put the hoe on for weight when I put the loader on so it's no issue. I should time it but if it takes more than 3 min for both I would be surprised. As easy as it is I can't bring myself to buy a weight box for just weight. Nothing on the back is not an option or safe for me. If I am using the loader it's usually a heavy load.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I always put the hoe on for weight when I put the loader on so it's no issue. I should time it but if it takes more than 3 min for both I would be surprised. As easy as it is I can't bring myself to buy a weight box for just weight. Nothing on the back is not an option or safe for me. If I am using the loader it's usually a heavy load.
I agree with you about the ballast box. I built my own, cheaper, and it has additional features.
3min for both hoe (sitting on floor) and loader? I want to see your video of that! I don't doubt you are quick- but that would be impressive!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm happy to report that the bxpanded dolly worked perfectly. It works just as shown in the bxpanded dolly videos you can find on youtube for the Kubota.

It works perfectly when paired with the Artillian fork dollies as well, the hoe and the forks come together and save alot of space.

I worked with bxpanded to provide some dimensions, though I'm not sure if they ended up being different from the BX dolly or not, so make sure you specify the 1026/1023 260 BH when ordering.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Pic please!

Thanks
Jon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here are some pics

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353710406.822982.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353710419.522779.jpg

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just built mine this afternoon using one 2X8, two 2X4's and 4ea swiveling 4" castors. Works pisser, I will post pictures and cutlist presently.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts