Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local dealer did not know of street pads for my 260 backhoe. Is there a part number pr aftermarket part?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Local dealer did not know of street pads for my 260 backhoe. Is there a part number pr aftermarket part?
Yes, there are Street Pads available or at least when I looked last fall. Service Dept. should have the #'s for you. Try.... Green Farm Parts... they are a sponsor here at GTT

·
Registered
131 Posts
Couldn't you just make your own and bolt them on to the stabilizer? Some rough lumber with counter sunk bolt holes?

·
Registered
106 Posts
260 BH Lawn Pads

I was tired of tearing up my lawn so I used some scarp parts to make up some lawn friendly pads.

Parts list:

4 - Oak 7/8"X 2 1/4"x 9" (with a small Bull Nose along one edge to fit snug against the top of each side of the feet)

2- 7 1/8" x 9" Belting

8- 3/8" x 3 1/2" bolts

8- Hitch Pins

I used the holes that were already in the feet. Clamped the blocks, drilled the 3/8" holes in the oak. I drilled a 5/32"holes the belting so the bolt heads
won't push through.

Pushed the bolts through and marked them for drilling the holes for the Hitch Pins. Drilled the holes and cut off the threads.

Used them yesterday and the grass was in better shape than with out them. They are easy to remove as well.

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KennyD it seems like it was more they didn't want to deal with it. They tried to sell me their only 1025R when I bought mine and wouldn't budge from list price.

I see they are about $130 a set. I like the idea above of oak and rubber and will try something like that.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I've seen guys strap on a chunk of car tire for a temp. fix.

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had put my search for street pads on hold but recently thought I would try making my own set. I took a block of 2 inch thick ballistic rubber and had it cut into 7x9 inch rectangles. I just have to drill for bolts and counter sink for the bolt heads and a washer.

I would like to see what the wear is over time on these.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Where did you get that?

I had put my search for street pads on hold but recently thought I would try making my own set. I took a block of 2 inch thick ballistic rubber and had it cut into 7x9 inch rectangles. I just have to drill for bolts and counter sink for the bolt heads and a washer.

I would like to see what the wear is over time on these.
I'm just curious where you found 2" thick ballistic rubber. I'm not even sure what ballistic rubber is but it sounds interesting.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ballistic rubber is normally used to line the walls of shooting ranges to absorb or dissipate the energy of bullets if they strike the walls. I think I just need some M10 bolts, washers, and nylon lock nuts.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I owned an old Ford backhoe a few years back and the previous owner had superglued some old tractor tire tread to the foot pads. They were still on there when I sold it. Crude? Yes. Effective? Also, yes. Cheap? Most definitely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts