Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Great question! Been looking for months..... at and on the usual suspected sites. As far as I can find.... it's pretty much a dealer item.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,123 Posts
I don't know of any aftermarket options. Green Farm Parts is a Deere dealer, they may be able to give you the GTT discount on buckets.
Great question! Been looking for months..... at and on the usual suspected sites. As far as I can find.... it's pretty much a dealer item.
X3, Dealer only as far as I know.

·
Registered
424 Posts
This thread, plus YouTube has me wondering.... How hard would it be to custom make a bucket for the 260? ...and could the 260 handle something like a leveling bucket?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
This thread, plus YouTube has me wondering.... How hard would it be to custom make a bucket for the 260? ...and could the 260 handle something like a leveling bucket?
Just my WAG after a couple years use. That's a pretty "twisty" job to ask of a small dipper and boom. They're pretty tough, but I wouldn't want to hook much stuff way out on the edges... But, they are plenty stiff enough for diggin'!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ameriquip makes the BH's for JD. Design, Engineering and Manufacturing Solutions for OEMs, and Custom Equipment, Tractor Attachments and Backhoes - Amerequip (ARPS) I also read somewhere that they make the BH's for Branson as well and if you read some on their web site they probably do it for more than just 2 different OEM's. They are a growing company there in WI. I was just wondering if you could find out what other OEM's they design and manufacture for and if they use the same bucket design. On my 8B I was having a ripper made for it by Bro-Tek and I wanted to make sure that the holes were set up according to the bucket pin holes distance wise etc. I was able to get some info from Ameriquip since the 8B is old. In fact I am not sure that JD still sells it. It is still listed on their web site https://www.deere.com/en_US/products/attachment/utility_tractors/loading_and_digging/8b_backhoe/8b_backhoe.page#viewTabs but I know specific parts that they made for it are no longer available since I have tried to buy them. I was able to get drawings from Ameriquip so that I could have them made after the fact. All this to say that I wonder if all the JD buckets for their BH have the same pin design, distance etc and if they do then maybe what they make for others would be similar and thus you might possibly find another OEM's bucket made by them might work and maybe it would be a better price but my guess is not. Maybe someone like Bro-Tek or others that make rippers or thumbs would want to try there hand at aftermarket buckets for BH's. Maybe we would find that they could not make anything better for less expense. Who knows.

Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 8 of 8 Posts