Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2019 1025R with a FEL and the 260B backhoe. I have recently begun to notice that while parked, within 24 hours the bucket bleeds down a good 6-8 inches. From all the research I have read on GTT, I totally understand that bleed down in these small machines is competently normal. What I am unsure of and I seem to get mixed response about is if it is normal for the bucket to bleed down that much within 24 hours.

I then was out for a couple hours pulling a few stumps out for a neighbor. I was moving back and forth between the FEL and the backhoe and was not pinning the backhoe between uses. I noticed the boom was bleeding down pretty quickly. It would bleed down a little just within the amount of time it would take to reposition the tractor. I originally thought maybe it was bleeding down because it wasn't pinning it and it may have been bouncing a little bit from bumps. I decided to do a test.

I parked the tractor with the throttle at the minimum and the tractor just idling. I let it sit there for 8 minutes at idle with the backhoe complete curled up to the neutral storage/transport position. I did not place the pins in. After 8 minutes at idle, parked and not driven the backhoe boom bled down approximately one and a half inches.

I am no expert in this subject matter, but I am always opened to learning and reading about tractor mechanics. From what I have learned thus far, I thought that the hydraulics should not be bleeding down with the tractor running. This is due to the constant pressure build up that is being created. Again, I am no expert and what I had just explained is my understanding from what I have gathered.

Before anyone says it, the power beyond connections are all the way connected and seeded in.

I am looking for anyone's input, advice, or opinions in what is going on and if ya'll recommend a trip in for service.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I own a 2019 1025R with a FEL and the 260B backhoe. I have recently begun to notice that while parked, within 24 hours the bucket bleeds down a good 6-8 inches. From all the research I have read on GTT, I totally understand that bleed down in these small machines is competently normal. What I am unsure of and I seem to get mixed response about is if it is normal for the bucket to bleed down that much within 24 hours.

I then was out for a couple hours pulling a few stumps out for a neighbor. I was moving back and forth between the FEL and the backhoe and was not pinning the backhoe between uses. I noticed the boom was bleeding down pretty quickly. It would bleed down a little just within the amount of time it would take to reposition the tractor. I originally thought maybe it was bleeding down because it wasn't pinning it and it may have been bouncing a little bit from bumps. I decided to do a test.

I parked the tractor with the throttle at the minimum and the tractor just idling. I let it sit there for 8 minutes at idle with the backhoe complete curled up to the neutral storage/transport position. I did not place the pins in. After 8 minutes at idle, parked and not driven the backhoe boom bled down approximately one and a half inches.

I am no expert in this subject matter, but I am always opened to learning and reading about tractor mechanics. From what I have learned thus far, I thought that the hydraulics should not be bleeding down with the tractor running. This is due to the constant pressure build up that is being created. Again, I am no expert and what I had just explained is my understanding from what I have gathered.

Before anyone says it, the power beyond connections are all the way connected and seeded in.

I am looking for anyone's input, advice, or opinions in what is going on and if ya'll recommend a trip in for service.
All I can say is that my 260 backhoe does not bleed down that quickly at all. In fact, I have positioned the backhoe into the hole and used it as a ladder step (probably not safe) when the tractor is shut off, and it never bleeds down while I spend 30min or so down in the hole. The outriggers in an up position will bleed down after 1+ hours.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sounds pretty normal to me based on my experience and things I've read. These backhoes just weren't made to hold themselves up very long. Pin them when not in use and during transport/travel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts