Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added worklights to my 260B. This is a write up on how I did it. I mounted the two worklights to the bracket that mounts the Hydraulic thumb valve in the deer kit. See pictures. I took the power and ground from both lights and twisted them together and put them in a butt connector. I then bought 2-wire jacketed wire from my local Napa along with some conduit. I used this wire to run down the boom, I did not run the conduit all the way through the boom only on the exterior and where it enters the boom area. It passes through the boom where the power and ground wires are spliced and soldered to a Moroso 74115 spiral 2-wire cord. This cord passes through the boom swing area and is zip tied at both ends but not in the center as to allow free movement. This was taped and conduited. After it passes through boom swing area the wires are soldered to the napa wire again. They run a few inches to the rear of tractor where the bullet connectors are for the ROPS lights. I have configured to connect to left side where my front facing work light would normally plug in. This wire is taped internally and covered in conduit from 1in down the moroso cord to where it connects to tractor. Any exposed wires were taped and conduited. I tried to set this up so that it would be as reliable as possible with the minimum amount of connections possible. Connections were also heat shrinked.

Attachments

Registered
Nice install. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pictures

Attachments

Reactions: Mackford13

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More pictures. Any questions. Just ask and I'll try to help馃檪 I've got about 10min usin it, I can see no signs of wear on the spiral cord in the boom swing area, that is my biggest concern with this project. I've moved boom each way I could think of and i could not see it getting caught anywhere.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Super Moderator
Ingenious.

How about a couple photos of the backhoe from a short distance... so we can see the backhoe, lights and bracket?

Reactions: trav and raco232

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ingenious.

How about a couple photos of the backhoe from a short distance... so we can see the backhoe, lights and bracket?
Certainly can, when I get back home tomorrow I will do that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More of the pictures. Hopefully I understand you correctly @kylew

Attachments

Reactions: Kbar and Mackford13

Premium Member
(y)

Reactions: gdow
1 - 9 of 9 Posts