Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take the 260b backhoe off of my 1025r the hydraulics sag pretty quickly and job #1 for hooking it back up is backing up the tractor close enough to it in order to connect hydraulics and pump it back up off the ground. Then I generally have to disconnect hydraulics again to re-position the tractor after picking the backhoe up off the ground.

Are there any well known tricks I could/should use? Do people put jack stands underneath the backhoe when they disconnect it to hold it in position for installation?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi grahamk
I had pieces of channel pressed up at the local sheet metal fabrication workshop. These channel iron fit neatly over the hydraulic cylinder shafts on the stabilisers so they cannot leak down.
When I take my BH off I install the channels and lower the stabilisers onto them then I lower the boom to reinstall the travel pin. I then turn the tractor off and work all the controls on the BH to relieve all pressure before disconnecting the PB hoses.:good2:
Regards John

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
When I take the 260b backhoe off of my 1025r the hydraulics sag pretty quickly and job #1 for hooking it back up is backing up the tractor close enough to it in order to connect hydraulics and pump it back up off the ground. Then I generally have to disconnect hydraulics again to re-position the tractor after picking the backhoe up off the ground.

Are there any well known tricks I could/should use? Do people put jack stands underneath the backhoe when they disconnect it to hold it in position for installation?
I cant say Ive seen any, but the correct size block under the rear sure isnt a bad idea!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts