Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 260B dolly (at least thats the model I ordered...) today, and I can’t slide it under the BH all the way, as its making contact with the hose guard on the ‘passenger’ side of the tractor. Am I doing something wrong, or misinterpreting the directions?

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
My BH is a 260 so I don't have the hose guard, but in comparison to your picture, my dolly would only go in about another inch, to where the welded triangle on the dolly would hit the BH frame. Can you rotate the hose guard up, so the dolly will go in another inch?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guard itself does adjust out of the way, as it appears it's designed to rotate with the hoses themselves. But if you look closely there is another metal plate that's blocking it rolling any further. I confirmed all 4 tires are at 27PSI (within factory spec, as I understand it).

I decided to just go for it and remove the BH anyway, and it seemed to otherwise work fine, given there is enough dolly underneath to support the load. In this case I think the issue is the location of the stops is too far back, which makes them pointless. At least it's not a bag of rice...

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I see what you're saying now. Bummer. Does the other side hit like that too? Guess it's irrelevant now, as long as you can get it off onto the dolly.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Other side clears fine, but that’s also a minor liability, as it means it’s possible for the dolly to slide a bit when setting the bucket.

Good news is the offending plate looks to be removeable, it’s held on with two bolts. I‘ll see what Bxpanded comes back with, but I suspect this could be a 2019/2020 update to the BH to further protect the hoses. Frankly I don’t see it doing much beyond getting caught up on things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts