Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm that the subframe mounts for the 1025R don’t require removing any existing pieces from the tractor? In a nut shell, I’m trying to buy a 260B and mounts from a guy that’s not local. He says I need to bring my tractor to switch parts.. digging through manuals and whatnot, all I see if that the subframe mounts directly to the existing tractor - nothing gets “swapped”. Any confirmation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,905 Posts
His tractor has had parts not installed that are required to provide proper frame support if the BH subframe is removed. Vaguely recalling a thread about fitting a 260B to a pre late 2017 Tractor, this might not work to swap the sub frame parts if the current tractor is a newer than mid 2017 TLB. I'm sure others will be around with more info, but you could help out with both tractor production dates.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Mines a Pre 2017 and his is post 2017. I saw that post too and from what I gather, the real only difference is swivel seat vs non swivel - mainly because my ROPs doesn’t fold forward like the newer machines.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,446 Posts
Are you sure the pre-2017 doesn't need the subframe back to the loader mounts?

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,446 Posts
Fro. What I can tell, the 260B fits 1025R s/n HJ100001 and above. The "J" is 2018.

·
Super Moderator
3,618 Posts
In the past, some have raised this same question, both ways. Will a 260 fit on a post mid-2017, and will a 260B fit on a pre mid-2017. The only questioner in a thread I recall ever coming back and giving a definite answer was a gentleman who installed a 260 on his post mid-2017. I want to say his tractor was a 2018. IIRC, he was able to install the earlier version sub-frame that is required for the 260. I don't recall him saying that there were any issues.

Of course when you look up anything to do with the backhoe in the parts catalog, it's going to say before or after this date or serial number. I truly believe that this is because on a certain date, Deere stopped making the 260, and if they were fitting the backhoe on at the factory, they were going to fit the 260B.

One thing's for sure about the backhoe for the 1 series...the sub-frame needed is dependant on the backhoe (260 or 260B). I'm 99% sure the tractor's frames are the same and that any year 1 series will accept either sub-frame. I make no guarantees, as we haven't had enough people report back that, Yes, an older tractor will accept a 260B or a newer tractor will accept a 260.

SycoCell, to answer your question about removing existing pieces in order to mount the sub-frame...I bought my tractor used and the previous owner gave me parts that he got from the dealership when they installed the backhoe for him (mine's a 2014 with a 260). Yes, there were a few pieces that had to be removed. Most noticeably is a bracket at the bottom of the ROPS that gets removed so the major sub-frame plate can be attached. I don't know if the 260B plate requires the same.

Here's a couple install PDFs for the 260B that I got from Deere's website a while ago. Look through them. You should be able to determine what you need to take off and give the gentleman you're getting the BH from.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the past, some have raised this same question, both ways. Will a 260 fit on a post mid-2017, and will a 260B fit on a pre mid-2017. The only questioner in a thread I recall ever coming back and giving a definite answer was a gentleman who installed a 260 on his post mid-2017. I want to say his tractor was a 2018. IIRC, he was able to install the earlier version sub-frame that is required for the 260. I don't recall him saying that there were any issues.

Of course when you look up anything to do with the backhoe in the parts catalog, it's going to say before or after this date or serial number. I truly believe that this is because on a certain date, Deere stopped making the 260, and if they were fitting the backhoe on at the factory, they were going to fit the 260B.

One thing's for sure about the backhoe for the 1 series...the sub-frame needed is dependant on the backhoe (260 or 260B). I'm 99% sure the tractor's frames are the same and that any year 1 series will accept either sub-frame. I make no guarantees, as we haven't had enough people report back that, Yes, an older tractor will accept a 260B or a newer tractor will accept a 260.

SycoCell, to answer your question about removing existing pieces in order to mount the sub-frame...I bought my tractor used and the previous owner gave me parts that he got from the dealership when they installed the backhoe for him (mine's a 2014 with a 260). Yes, there were a few pieces that had to be removed. Most noticeably is a bracket at the bottom of the ROPS that gets removed so the major sub-frame plate can be attached. I don't know if the 260B plate requires the same.

Here's a couple install PDFs for the 260B that I got from Deere's website a while ago. Look through them. You should be able to determine what you need to take off and give the gentleman you're getting the BH from.

Hope this helps.
Awesome info. Thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts