Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my backhoe is stuck in "float" mode.
The dipper will lift or push back but it won't pull in.
With the boom all the way up/retracted you can swing the dipper by hand.:dunno:

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Float is on the boom only. I would first suspect the cylinder piston seal but it may be the valve.

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts
Well either the spool is stuck in the valve body, or the seals in the cylinder are shot. You can inspect and lubricate the linkages quite easily to determine if that is the issue.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A seal in the ram was my other guess.
It is bad enough that when trying to dig if I curl the bucket it will push the dipper out.
When tractor is off the dipper will swing back and forth with zero resistance.
Since I bought it new about 15 months ago I think I will call my dealer Monday.

·
Registered
83 Posts
A seal in the ram was my other guess.
It is bad enough that when trying to dig if I curl the bucket it will push the dipper out.
When tractor is off the dipper will swing back and forth with zero resistance.
Since I bought it new about 15 months ago I think I will call my dealer Monday.
Let us know what you find out, I recently had a similar situation with the H120 loader but jiggling the controller got it going. It also was stuck in float and was just floppy.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to the Dealer (Stotz Equipment) this morning and described the issue.
They ordered a seal kit for the hydraulic cylinder. It should be here Wednesday morning and they will come out to my house that day and rebuild the cylinder.
Service like THAT is why I am happy to leave their sticker on the side of my tractor.:clap:

Let us know what you find out, I recently had a similar situation with the H120 loader but jiggling the controller got it going. It also was stuck in float and was just floppy.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer tech came out today.
He installed the seal kit for the dipper cylinder, topped off the hydraulic fluid and then ran the BH through its paces.
Not a hiccup. BUT he said the spool "sounded funny" when he first started it up and if it did it again to let them know and they would bring it to the shop and tear into the BH valve assembly and see what they can see.

GREAT DEALER with EXCELLENT followup service.:bigthumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts