Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a nice 2630 and the steering drifts from left to right! Not real bad but enough that I would have to fight going down the field. Does anyone know how to correct this issue? All tie rod ends and knuckles are in excellent shape, Im thinking its in the hydraulic steering housing.

·
Administrator
20,968 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

I think you are correct since all of the hydraulic steering components are in the steering column/gearbox. There's a ton of o-rings in there. I have to rebuild one similar to yours on a 2150 I'm working on. You're going to want to have a good selection of picks to get way down inside the column.

BTW, I moved your thread to the utility tractor section for more views and responses.:good2:

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
Another thing to check is the bellcrank mounted below the front axle. The bushings can be replaced, if the shaft of the bellcrank is not worn.
Light duty axles used bushings, HD axles used needle bearings. This one thing to keep greased. There are also bushings for the spindles, but I doubt they are problem.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Ditto what Zebrafive stated about the bellcrank plus it's possible that the arm(parts key 9) is loose on shaft at the bottom of steering valve. Pop rear most round inspection cover off of clutch housing and check to see if bolt(parts key 11) is tight.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,968 Posts
I'd hardly classify 10 o-rings as a TON of them
Come on. Cut me some slack. :lol: I looked at the diagram some time ago and have slept since then. Plus the picture sure does look like a lot of o-rings. :mocking:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just purchased a nice 2630 and the steering drifts from left to right! Not real bad but enough that I would have to fight going down the field. Does anyone know how to correct this issue? All tie rod ends and knuckles are in excellent shape, Im thinking its in the hydraulic steering housing.
Check for seized/stiff front end components?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ditto what Zebrafive stated about the bellcrank plus it's possible that the arm(parts key 9) is loose on shaft at the bottom of steering valve. Pop rear most round inspection cover off of clutch housing and check to see if bolt(parts key 11) is tight.
Can you please tell me what the name or maybe the part nunber to the number 2 and 3 on that diagram?

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
Can you please tell me what the name or maybe the part nunber to the number 2 and 3 on that diagram?
If this drawing, Key 2 is Bushing for the end of Key 7. P/N T21445 Key 3 is a Gasket, P/N T21527

Member jd110 told me there was change to Key 10 & Key 11. The thickness of the washer, Key 10 was doubled. The bolt Key 11 was lengthened 1/2". The torque bolt was also increased.

I did not think these to part changes would make any difference, but my JD 2030 would go into a "death wobble" a top speed on the road if the front tire would bump the wobble started. I changed these parts and no "death wobble" since!! (y) :)

IIRC jd110 stated there was service bulletin for tractors with loaders.
Maybe he will see this and repost the P/N and bolt torque? Then a Moderator could make it a sticky and/or add it to tech articles!
2630.PNG
2630.PNG

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,753 Posts
Can you please tell me what the name or maybe the part number to the number 2 and 3 on that diagram?
Sure thing. (y) BTW, Welcome to GTT.

2 - Bushing, T21445
3 - Gasket, T21547

1 - 12 of 12 Posts