Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 270B Backhoe and curious what size bucket owners generally use. I got mine with the 16” but was considering buying the 8” also.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I bought the 8" and 16" with mine.
In a perfect world, Id own all 3 sizes, just in case, but I figured the 8" would be good for trenching and digging out stumps, which are the primary uses, and the 16" would do anything the 8" wasnt big enough for.

If you have trenching to do, BXpanded makes a trenching specific bucket that many say works much better than Deeres 8" bucket does, and its cheaper too.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
2025r and I have the 12”.

Indiana Jim. Isn’t the Expanded one 6”?

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
I have all three sizes and have used all three buckets for various excavation tasks. I also added the BXpanded Quick-On Back Hoe bucket connector Backhoe Bucket Connector which makes all the difference when changing buckets. Highly recommended.

As others have mentioned, the 8" is excellent for trenching and stumping, and the 12" and 16" are good for general excavation, size depending on your need for the specific project. And yes, the BXpanded trench bucket Narrow Trenching Bucket is only 6" wide.

Sincerely

·
Registered
979 Posts
Just bought 270B Backhoe and curious what size bucket owners generally use. I got mine with the 16” but was considering buying the 8” also.
I just ordered one and with the 8 and 16. 8 for trench work and the 16 to move material

1 - 5 of 5 Posts