Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts

·
Administrator
18,802 Posts
Keith, did you find that online or make it yourself?

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
And another dubious "upgrade" I see is the elimination of one swing cylinder. I'm not a fan of single swing cylinders although I paid $6K for the 260...
The one swing cylinder would explain the 150 deg swing. Kinda sucks.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To think I wanted a 270A and was willing to wait for it when we were looking at the 2320 in 2008. Glad we got the 46 now.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keith, did you find that online or make it yourself?
I took the Product Features section from both on the JD site.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
1 Posts
270a vs 46 feedback

Hello all,
So as someone very new to a subcompact tractor I can't compare my 2025r with a 270a to much, but my nieghbor who owns a 2320 with a 46 hoe was able to give great feedback. We both spent time playing with each and while the 46 has a better swing, he fell in love with the 270 over his 46. For starters the 270a can be taken on and off from the tractor (if you can reach the power beyond to disconnect hoses) and takes about 5 min total time. The 46 takes much longer and does not easily line up. The 270a has easier access to the hydrolic fittings than the 46. The 270a had noticable amount of power over 46 but there was a 5 year and 5 hp difference in tractors.

The 3 point hitch also stays together on the 270a so all you have to do is drop the hoe and put the top link in and you are good to go where as you must take off the 3 point arms to install the 46.

On a side note my 270a was the very first one my local dealer had installed and it did have a learning curve per the dealers install guy. There are large steel plates that mount to the tractor wheel wells to support the 270a and the power beyond kit gave the dealer a tough time trying to find the best place to mount.

I have one complaint about the 270a, there are no grease fittings on the outriggers!?! why would you not want to lubricate those pins! And the boom control is very touchy, wish the response of boom was slower, it slams up too fast.

I have been very surprised at the power of such a small backhoe. I was able to dig up very large boulders and with some effort take out several stumps.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to GTT timbits. Thanks for the post.
Let's see that tractor of yours.:thumbup1gif: Maybe even in the New Member Introductions forum.

·
Administrator
21,130 Posts
Excellent first post timbits!:thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts