Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a larger bucket than the standard 8". Anyone know what is available!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,497 Posts
There are 3 sizes available:

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
My bucket list

Speaking with the voice of inexperience, I purchased the 12 inch bucket for my 270B backhoe. I reasoned that since I wasn't going to be doing a lot of trenching I didn't need the small 8 inch bucket and digging was going to be the major usage for me, I thought the 12 inch would be the best. My dealer thought it was a good compromise as well. He wasn't sure if the 16 inch might not be a little big for the 2032 hydraulics. I think it might be OK or they probably wouldn't offer it for my size tractor. I settled on the 12 inch.
Just my $.02. DD.

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I havent looked at the part numbers, but the same sizes are available for it as are for the 260B.

On my 2025, I went with the 8" and 16". I figured Id need the 8" for trenching, which I knew Id be doing, and the 16" for other digging duties. It was my opinion at the time that whatever I needed a 12" bucket for, the 16" would handle just fine. I came to that conclusion after watching TTWT talking about his 16" bucket vs the 12".
If the 260B will handle the 16 fine, the 270 should too.

Ultimately, it would be great to have all 3 options, but getting one extra bucket was enough $$ for me, Ill use the other money for something else, or at least thats what I said then. Somehow that money never really appeared to go to anything, or even materialize. Go figure. :laugh:

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
I'm in the market for a larger bucket than the standard 8". Anyone know what is available!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I purchased my 2038R tractor with 270B and got all three size buckets. I have used both the 12” and the 16”, but have yet to use the 8”. I do plan on digging a trench for utilities in the spring so the 8” bucket will get its first use!

Sincerely

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I havent looked at the part numbers, but the same sizes are available for it as are for the 260B.

On my 2025, I went with the 8" and 16". I figured Id need the 8" for trenching, which I knew Id be doing, and the 16" for other digging duties. It was my opinion at the time that whatever I needed a 12" bucket for, the 16" would handle just fine. I came to that conclusion after watching TTWT talking about his 16" bucket vs the 12".
If the 260B will handle the 16 fine, the 270 should too.

Ultimately, it would be great to have all 3 options, but getting one extra bucket was enough $$ for me, Ill use the other money for something else, or at least thats what I said then. Somehow that money never really appeared to go to anything, or even materialize. Go figure. :laugh:
Yep. I still have the same opinion. Get the 16" and a narrow trenching bucket. If I were to "do over", I would choose bxpanded trenching bucket instead of Deere 8".

I don't see much use for the 12" (if you have the 16"). 16" still has 3 teeth, so it will penetrate with exactly the same force as the 12", so why not get the larger bucket size?

Having said all of that, I would STRONGLY recommend avoiding having ONLY the 8" bucket. It takes forever to dig a hole with the 8". Trench is fine, but hole is very slow.

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts