Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TTWT video on the 270b hookup and disconnect was great as usual. I am curious if anyone knows whether the storage pins should be place in the upper holes, which seem to line up perfectly when the outriggers are level before lowering the backhoe down. Does this make sense? Wondering if it helps keep the hydraulic fluid from shifting, along with the long pin placed at the base of the pivot arm.

Green Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Asphalt

·
Registered
54 Posts
The lower holes you have pointed out are for locking them in either the up or down position. That keeps them from leaking down when not in use for an extended period. It’s especially important when the backhoe is on the tractor but not being used. Off the tractor it wouldn’t really matter if you have it on a level surface.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lower holes you have pointed out are for locking them in either the up or down position. That keeps them from leaking down when not in use for an extended period. It’s especially important when the backhoe is on the tractor but not being used. Off the tractor it wouldn’t really matter if you have it on a level surface.
2 sets of holes here. top and bottom of the outrigger. When this goes up, the bottom holes line up for the pins. When its level these top holes seem to line up.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have yet to take mine off, but may this weekend.
Might want to read the manual first...I'm kidding I know everyone always says read the manual...I'm enjoying learning while reading about your questions and adventures. I have delusions of running through every attachment and feature on delivery day like I know what I'm doing...but I know better.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Might want to read the manual first...I'm kidding I know everyone always says read the manual...I'm enjoying learning while reading about your questions and adventures. I have delusions of running through every attachment and feature on delivery day like I know what I'm doing...but I know better.
I didn't get one with my BH. Need to contact the dealer.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't get one with my BH. Need to contact the dealer.
Nope! I lied, I found the manual... but honestly... who needs a manual anyway? We got TTWT, GWT and Rockhill Farms to educate us... Among a few others people out there... Thanks for all the content you folks post! Makes life so much easier for us "weekend warriors" in the tractor world... HAHA...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Okay, so those pins do go into that 2nd position when the outriggers are leveled out. Its interesting I haven't seen anyone mention this in any of their videos. I have yet to take mine off, but may this weekend.
Just if at all possible take it off on level ground. Tip of the wise, if the 3 point won't lift it enough to get both pins in because its cock-eyed, dont hesitate to use the outrigger to help lift it up. My barn slab goes cross pitch and was giving me all kinds of trouble with this in the beginning till I started taking it off in a different spot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts