Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are running the 270b what are your likes and dislikes. I'm really interested in its capabilities. There are no videos of it in action online. I have very rocky soul, river rock, and I'm wondering how well it will work.

I was at the dealer today and looked long and hard at the 2038r with 270b. The backhoe mounts sure ride low to the ground.

I was originally going to buy a 3r tractor but there is no way I'm spending close to 40k for a tractor and BH. The backhoe is very important for my needs so I'm now looking at the new 2r

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
For those who are running the 270b what are your likes and dislikes. I'm really interested in its capabilities. There are no videos of it in action online. I have very rocky soul, river rock, and I'm wondering how well it will work.

I was at the dealer today and looked long and hard at the 2038r with 270b. The backhoe mounts sure ride low to the ground.

I was originally going to buy a 3r tractor but there is no way I'm spending close to 40k for a tractor and BH. The backhoe is very important for my needs so I'm now looking at the new 2r

Thanks in advance.
I have the 2038R Tractor with the 270B backhoe installed and I love it! I also have the mechanical thumb installed and a selection of buckets ranging from 8, 12 and 16 inches in width. I have used it to dig out many tree stumps and boulders and the backhoe can lift a pretty sizable boulder. Having said that, I do wish the backhoe had more lift capacity only because on my property I have a large quantity of boulders that I am moving and strategically placing along embankmentsand I sure wish I could lift even larger boulders with it. Other than that the machine works very very well. I will try to post a video of the backhoe in action on YouTube so you can see it work.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I have the 2038R Tractor with the 270B backhoe installed and I love it! I also have the mechanical thumb installed and a selection of buckets ranging from 8, 12 and 16 inches in width. I have used it to dig out many tree stumps and boulders and the backhoe can lift a pretty sizable boulder. Having said that, I do wish the backhoe had more lift capacity only because on my property I have a large quantity of boulders that I am moving and strategically placing along embankmentsand I sure wish I could lift even larger boulders with it. Other than that the machine works very very well. I will try to post a video of the backhoe in action on YouTube so you can see it work.
Nice looking , just wondering in the first photo and last photo a bolt and nut is sticking down above the right rear wheel of tractor. What was it holding or why is it there...??
:dunno::dunno:

·
Super Moderator
5,616 Posts
Nice looking , just wondering in the first photo and last photo a bolt and nut is sticking down above the right rear wheel of tractor. What was it holding or why is it there...??
:good2:Eagle eye:good2:

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
That is the support bracket stud that holds the inner-fender liner in place. At the time I took these photos, I was still dealing with some dealer-induced hydraulic issues. Many of the hydraulic components are located under this fender so I was running without it until I fixed the problems... which I finally have...

Good eye catching that little detail!

Sincerely,

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Is the lift capability on the 270b the same as the 270a? I have the a and that is my only gripe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe lift capacity between 270A and 270B are nearly identical at 255 vs 256 lbs respectively....\

Sincerely

Reactions: newgreenrunner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts