Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had problems with the curl leaking down during storage? This causes the frame in the front to raise off the ground high enough that it won't slide under the hitch when backing over it to attach the hoe. Maybe there is something I'm missing but when I detach all is well and the front frame is resting on the ground where it should be. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Has anyone else had problems with the curl leaking down during storage? This causes the frame in the front to raise off the ground high enough that it won't slide under the hitch when backing over it to attach the hoe. Maybe there is something I'm missing but when I detach all is well and the front frame is resting on the ground where it should be. Thanks for any suggestions.
When storing your 270B, you must move the boom lock pin (large diameter pin) from the "transport" position into the "storage" position. This will eliminate your bucket curl problem and keep the frame on the ground. This procedure is written in the instruction/operators manual for the 270B. I can post a photo if you need one.

Sincerely

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When storing your 270B, you must move the boom lock pin (large diameter pin) from the "transport" position into the "storage" position. This will eliminate your bucket curl problem and keep the frame on the ground. This procedure is written in the instruction/operators manual for the 270B. I can post a photo if you need one.

Sincerely
Well I did make that mistake the first time I disconnected and thought that getting it in the correct position would solve that problem but it didn't. When the bucket curl bleeds off it effectively makes the back end shorter allowing the front frame to come off the ground since the pivot point is basically about where the stabilizers attach.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Well I did make that mistake the first time I disconnected and thought that getting it in the correct position would solve that problem but it didn't. When the bucket curl bleeds off it effectively makes the back end shorter allowing the front frame to come off the ground since the pivot point is basically about where the stabilizers attach.
The bucket will not/cannot curl when stored correctly as I described. I can post some photos tonight showing you what I attempted to describe previously. A picture is worth a thousand words....

Sincerely

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bucket will not/cannot curl when stored correctly as I described. I can post some photos tonight showing you what I attempted to describe previously. A picture is worth a thousand words....

Sincerely
Hmm well maybe it's because I have a serious lack of level ground? I know I have the boom pin in the storage position (as opposed to the transport position) and it looked great when I detached but two weeks later the bucket has curled.

A pic or two would be great though because maybe there is something I'm missing.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Hmm well maybe it's because I have a serious lack of level ground? I know I have the boom pin in the storage position (as opposed to the transport position) and it looked great when I detached but two weeks later the bucket has curled.

A pic or two would be great though because maybe there is something I'm missing.
To be clear, the bucket should be curled in when the storage position such that the bucket teeth are laying on the ground pointing forward..... The attached photos show my 270B sitting on the floor in my shed with stabilizers up, bucket curled (but not with teeth laying on the ground as described above) and boom lock pin in the storage position. It's been sitting there rock solid for the last 3 weeks and no change.... That's how I always store it, even if I only remove it temporarily in the middle of a job to use my 3PH for a different implement..... Comes off in 2 minutes.... I hope this helps.

Sincerely

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Joe. That's how I had mine set up when removed but then the bucket curled completely(I don't think your bucket is completely curled?) which lowers that end and raises the frame.

Now I'm wondering if it's because I hooked the hydraulic lines together for storage which allowed it to bleed off easier. Do you hook your lines together? I have to store mine outside so I was trying to keep excesss dirt out of the lines while in storage. Being stored outside I am also not a big fan of having the bucket in the position they recommend because it just traps all the water obviously.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts