Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bought a set of horns (high/low) today for my 2720.I still need to buy a button and install all parts, I think there is plenty of room under hood as might need to fab a bracket. also I don't seem to put the parking brake on tight especialy when on flater ground and forget it is on and start to move so thinking also of a beeper of some sort ??? any thoughts on beeper because steering wheel hides parking brake light from my sight.

Fictional character Metal Vehicle Machine Tractor Auto part Engine

·
Registered
280 Posts
looks like a neat project, i think the horns will be fine there

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Very cool! I wil be interested on seeing how you finish this one out.

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
I added a horn to me 4110 a few years ago...I used it more than I thought I would when working with other to get their attention. I don't even have a brake light on my machine, or a 4WD light but those are on the "to do" list sometime in the future.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I like this idea and will be following this thread. Please post pics of your progress. TY

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,691 Posts
I added a horn to me 4110 a few years ago...I used it more than I thought I would when working with other to get their attention. I don't even have a brake light on my machine, or a 4WD light but those are on the "to do" list sometime in the future.
My JD650 did not have a 4WD light either, I think the 4WD lights are for Girls!:lol:

·
Administrator
21,048 Posts
My JD650 did not have a 4WD light either, I think the 4WD lights are for Girls!:lol:
Don't be a hater:tongue:

Where is that pole barn thread?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,691 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Changed my mind on relay since horns only are 3 amp so I got a golf cart horn button and installed it I think it's rated 10 or 14 amp.
But I'm having a problem with finding the female connectors that go into the bottom of the fuse box (since I have extra spaces thought it would look more factory) any help would be great, dealer cant't seem to find but said he would look into.

Green Yellow Emoticon Text Line Logo Crest Emblem Flag Symbol Vehicle Car Auto part Wheel Steering wheel View attachment 3519 View attachment 3519

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice job!

Nice jo. I really like that horn button. I started looking for one for mine but all the buttons were larger than I wanted. I'll have to look into a golf cart horn button!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Very clean instillation. :good2: I would cover the horn's openings with a womans nylon stocking to keep trash from getting inside the horns.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
dwellonrooftop:

Glad you went with a more heavy duty switch! Looks good, tnx for the pix.

Can you update your profile so we know what part of the country you're in? Don't plan to drop by for dinner but knowing that helps people answer any future questions you have.

Pete

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Very clean installation. :thumbup1gif: Nicely done. Thank you for sharing your project.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,709 Posts
Very nice install and thank you for sharing. I like your creativity in finding the golf cart horn button and the whole project for that matter.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts