Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Highly unlikely.

The only way this would work is if that dealer wanted to work with you to customize the machine. My question is, why would you think there would be unlisted options available? :unknown:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does the dealer have any options available on the 2720 tractor that aren't listed online at JD? An example: optional seat/ mounting assy....etc
You can find most every JD option online by looking at both the Build Your Own configurator and then by taking a deep dive into JDPARTS.com.

In my area the JD dealers do not tend to offer other vendors tractor products. I asked why and was told they are encouraged by JD Corporate to sell JD product exclusively. For instance Farm King is a local manufacturer in my locale. Farm King even offers their product in orange, red and green. Not too long ago the JD dealers offered their product. Not any more. The other non John Deere tractor dealers in my area tend to offer multiple tractor and equipment brands. So if you want a Farm King product, you have to visit a Kubota/Massey dealer, and order it in JD green. :lol:

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
An example: optional seat/ mounting assy....etc
The only way this would work is if that dealer wanted to work with you to customize the machine
I do not believe they will do that.
Before I "kitbashed" the SE seat to my 2520,I called the larger JD dealers all over the country and talked to their service departments and inquired if anyone had asked about doing that. At that time,no one had asked that question,and from the responses I got,because it wasn't made for that series,they wouldn't attempt it.

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.