Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's me again busted my HYDROLIC plate on my jd 2720 PTO worked fine before so I bought a new plate and swapped parts and bushings. Now PTO don't work light engages on dash but no PTO operation any help on the matter would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
10,983 Posts
"Hydraulic plate"? Can you be more specific on the part that was replaced?

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Are you referring to the PTO hydraulic valve plate

2720 PTO valve plate.gif

or the PTO Clutch & Shaft assembly?

2720 PTO Clutch and shaft.jpg

Regarding the PTO operation you should check the PTO circuit including the wiring, fuse and solenoid itself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup was referring to #14 valve plate I put all my parts in it from the old one and didn't adjust any other thing on the plate. Just remover and replace

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
So, with the tractor running when you turn on the PTO switch is the flow control solenoid on the hydraulic valve plate energized?

Have you checked each position of the PTO selector lever? If you select the Rear PTO only position you should be able to run the engine and energize the PTO circuit while checking for voltage at the solenoid.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
And share the story how you ended up breaking that piece? Might be a good caution for someone else wth the same machine on what not to do!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I bought the tractor second hand and the high low lever says broke weld broke on selector inside so I had to split the tranny in half and not having a service manual I didn't know where the #16 bolt with spring and ball went cause my son in law took it apart and I had to guess how it went back together well # 16 got torqued and pulled the plate apart that's the reason for replacement that and don't have realitives FIX things lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok tried selector switch did position motor shuts down. Checked power to selonide there is power just no ingage aft PTO shaft does not turn feels like it is locked. Ingage or not ingage power or no power. Looks like I'm going to have to remove the 3pt lifting easy to see if something fell in and locked it up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't win don't know what's up will look into it soon. Tired trying to move to another farm and also FIX tractor only one I got ..
Going to have to leave it till we get moved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts