Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I bought a 2720 to begin clearing our 2 acre wooded lot. I was a little apprehensive about a 2000 series tractor and was leaning toward the 3000 line. The dealer seemed confident that it was the maching for me.

I've begun clearing the trees, most of which are 14" and down. Dropped them with the Stihl first. Topped and bucked them and dragged the trunks into an area then stacked them with the FEL.

Pushed the brush back towards the property lines with the FEL also. Got about 1/2 acre done last weekend with the Spring thaw in CT.

At every turn this little tractor surprises me with it's capabilities! The only thing it doesn't do well so far is pop the larger stumps! I planned on clearing the trees and brush and hiring a dozer to pop all of the stumps when I'm done clearing anyway, so no problem.

What a great little machine! It seems like every day I come up with another use for it!

Not one burp with 33 hours on it in 2-1/2 months.

LOVE IT!!! Wish I had bought it earlier!

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Now that's a success story :thumbup1gif:.

Wise move on getting a dozer or track loader to pop the stumps. Any good tractor buy decision means that at some point(s) you'll be hiring some big equipment or renting something to get a job done.

Pete

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
T613,

Thank you for the story, as you have found these are great little machines. I think because of their size they get over looked as to the big jobs they can do. Granted a bigger machine may get it done a little faster but they are quite capable. We look forward to hearing more success stories. Photos are always welcome.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics

Added a few pics of the property to my gallery. It wouldn't take the bigger images.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts