Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2940 is running warm according to the temp gauge. The gauge will move almost into the red when running my CX15 clipper under load, when clipping short grass that don't really work the tractor the gauge is in the middle of the green area. I checked various spots of the engine with my infrared thermometer. When the gauge was reading in the middle of the green and got 185 at the left side rear of block, 175 at the top and bottom of thermostat housing 140 at top of radiator and 100 at the bottom of the radiator. It seems like the thermostats are opening and the radiator is cooling somewhat, could I have a faulty gauge reading possibly? Is there an easy way to put a mechanical gauge in the coolant jacket somewhere to tell what the water temp actually is?

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
Yes it's possible you have a faulty gauge/sender. I've had a manual temp gauge with capillary bulb installed in my JD 4255 cylinder head for many yrs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.