Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a new 2032r coming and I would like to get a cab with hard sides for it. I have a tall ceiling and the ability to hoist a cab off fairly easily. What manufacturers tend to make these kinds of cabs easy-ish to remove? I would like to be able to use the backhoe as well. So far, I see curtis and Tektite have cabs. I hear that Cozy is coming soon. Any others that folks have had good luck with?

--Mike

·
Registered
108 Posts
Go homemade! Some of these folks on here have built some really nice cabs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - I will look at some of the cabs folks have made. I was hoping someone had created one that bolts in a few places and then you can hoist it off.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think the 2 series is the biggest disappointment and hole in the JD lineup when you talk about cabs. Sure you have the mauser on the 2025, but I don't see why you couldn't provide the following:

2025/2030/31 on the small frame with mauser add ons for guys that need small machines, keep everything the same attachment wise.

2032/2038 with Factory from the ground up cabs that keep the tractor under 84" tall and have heat/a/c/decent sound reduction. I think the niceties of the JD cabs would mop the floor with the B2650 and those two tractors should have enough power to keep an A/C fed when running PTO implements.

All of the research I have done says that hard side cabs can be a real pain to take off once installed. Some of them on the smaller x700's aren't terrible but also not what you are looking for.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If considering a cab one should try out a few versions of a larger series if available. I found 90% of the time I do not need the doors. Also I am able to remove the front and rear glass with the remaining structure a roof support. I can remove the cab with 8 bolts . The problem is where to store it keeping it from damage. Also my home constructed cab can be modified to fit another series with ease. I built it larger with this purpose in mind if I sold the current tractor. The canvas type never appealed to me especially the flexible plastic windows. Price is too close to a hard side model. Opinion only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts