Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd been looking at these for a bit (3 point/FEL adaptor) & recently Titan attachments ran a 20% off sale on theirs. Normally $299, $239 on sale (delivered price). Got here via Fedex ground in 4 days. The version I ordered works for both the 1025R & the 3038e FEL's and came with a CAT 2 top link pin & keeper and a solid link. I'll have to pick up a couple of CAT2/CAT1 bushings for the lift arm pins & top link connections on my attachments.

I can use this for moving 3 point equipment or using implements that don't need PTO, like the landscape blade/rake and I will probably also use it with the decked carryall for things like loading/unloading the truck.

This is what it looks like on the 1025R

... still got the Fedex sticker on it (no packaging other than wrapping the toplink bar & receiver crosspin wrapped in plastic & stuffed in the receiver & taped over). The Fedex guy was happy he could just push it off the back of the truck into the 1025R bucket. Shipping weight indicates 95 lb.

Toplink pin & keeper were shipped just installed in the toplink bracket. The Tri-ball mount was lying around unused since I went to a weight distributing hitch w/convert-a-ball.

Two sets of pins to accomodate a number of FEL's. It will also fit our 3038e 305 FEL.

It'll get stored where I can just drive in & pick it up with the FEL after dropping the bucket.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I have one of those, but in skid steer connection. I use it for front trailer connections as it is lower to the ground than the one on the top of my bucket, which I use for my gooseneck trailer. I also use it for my 3pt bale spike. One time I used it for my rock rake, but I like it better on the rear. Fedex delivered to the place across the road and I had to go get it. I had a hard time lifting it up into the back of my 3/4 ton pickup. I would have used the tractor and loader bucket, but their driveway is paved and I had mud all over my tires. It was one of those days. I am working on how I can best fix the position of the lower 3pt pins as they want to move around all the time. I am thinking of drilling a couple of holes just to the outside of the position I want and dropping a big pin in the hole.

Dave

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I use mine with a boom pole.

I have a boom pole like that and thought it would first use of it, but have yet to do so.

Dave

·
Registered
533 Posts
Is it quick hitch compatible?

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Is it quick hitch compatible?

I assume you mean the 3pt adapter. Yes, I use my HF quick hitch on it and use my iMatch on my rear 3pt.

Dave

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Those welds... :creep::thumbsdown::cookoo::fire::danger::hornets::hide2::scared::slap-yourself-emoti

Yeah, I know the quality is not the best, but the price is right and it has been ok for me.

Dave

·
Old Pa-pa
11,548 Posts
I use mine with a boom pole.
I have a boom pole like that and thought it would first use of it, but have yet to do so.

Dave
Have a boom pole exactly like that from Tractor Supply, that would put a crap load of leverage working against
the loader and tractor, imho.

The pole is rated at 2000 lb. midpoint and 1000 lb. end and weighs 150 lb. by itself.

Don't think it would take too much of a weight lift to get beyond the ratings of the FEL, just guessing
without doing any measurements and calculations.:dunno:

Interesting idea though.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Have a boom pole exactly like that from Tractor Supply, that would put a crap load of leverage working against

The pole is rated at 2000 lb. midpoint and 1000 lb. end and weighs 150 lb. by itself.

Don't think it would take too much of a weight lift to get beyond the ratings of the FEL, just guessing

Interesting idea though.
You are right about the lower weight capabilities when extended out so far, however, I believe that the FEL weight limits are just that and are not influenced by how far out the weight is extended. But it does matter out on the boom, because while you might be able to lift 2,000# at the FEL, you would not be able to lift anywhere that much the farther out on the boom you are. You might only be able to lift 500# at the end of the boom, because the FEL limit is reached.

I am not sure what brand my boom is, I believe it is a KK and it does not weigh anywhere near 150# as I can lift it up myself and I cannot lift even 100# at my age.

Dave

·
Registered
12,012 Posts

Interesting idea though.
yeah but OC-i doubt that truck cab is over loading that tractor. heck back in the day, before the fiberglass caps-i had one of the old insulated ones for my f-250 that was 8 ft long-heavy i say. but i could slide it to the back of bed, get underneath it and let it lay on my back and walk it the rest of the way off truck. then i would walk with it to a set of saw horses i had for it to sit on.

now i didn't do that to many times like that back then, but when no help is around, u do what ya gotta do.:lol:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,548 Posts
You are right about the lower weight capabilities when extended out so far, however, I believe that the FEL weight limits are just that and are not influenced by how far out the weight is extended. But it does matter out on the boom, because while you might be able to lift 2,000# at the FEL, you would not be able to lift anywhere that much the farther out on the boom you are. You might only be able to lift 500# at the end of the boom, because the FEL limit is reached.

I am not sure what brand my boom is, I believe it is a KK and it does not weigh anywhere near 150# as I can lift it up myself and I cannot lift even 100# at my age.

Dave
It's a Tarter sold by Tractor supply, had to redo a few factory welds on it from the get go.

Added some onboard jack stands and a receiver hitch to take the winch.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'll resurrect this thread to mention that I used the adapter this weekend on the 3038e FEL to mount the landscape blade for pushing snow on the drive & about 1 mile of development road. It actually worked pretty well. There is enough slop in the connection to have a "float" effect even with the FEL set to a particular position & not in the real float mode. No kick springs on a landscape blade like a snow blade, but the area I was clearing (the development road) doesn't have any particular hidden surprises & the stall mat strip sandwiched onto the blade edge handles things like speed bumps without any jolts (at the speed I travel).

It definitely beat the heck out of doing the same work, with the same blade, running backwards to avoid packing the snow! The FEL arm weight helped provide down-force that wasn't there when the blade is attached normally, and there was much better lift when pushing excess snow over an existing berm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts