Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Struggling a bit with my 3-point hitch and I found this diagram and parts list. Thought it might help others.

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a link to the site I got this from. Very comprehensive parts lists:

OEM Parts

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts
Fred, you can get all those (and many more) from www.jdparts.com

Its a free parts look-up database that even the parts guys use at the dealers, you can even order things through there and have them shipped to your dealer for pickup.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Thought I'd found a secret.

My search doesn't work on this site. Guess I'll try to fix that somehow.

·
Premium Member
14,911 Posts
Using JD Parts takes some getting us to .. Something such as attachments are listed under the tractor model say 1026 or 1025r or 1023 . sometimes you have to use under model search 47 for snow blower then a list of all models using 47 . Had to ask Parts guy at my dealer yrs ago could not find anything.

FredHickory tried the site you showed may go to that site a few times .. Maybe JD could improve there site for parts. because at times it can be a pain in the A _ _

Thanks for your posting

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,839 Posts
I agree etcallhome the site is a pain to use sometimes.................but i still use it.:lol:

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Struggling a bit with my 3-point hitch and I found this diagram and parts list. Thought it might help others.
Just a heads up, PART #14 in the drawing (lift arms) can be installed 2 different ways. The hole spacings give you either "close/more lift" or "further back/more clearance (a bit less lift)" rotating the arms 180º end to end. It's not readlly apparant when they are just laying on the floor.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just a heads up, PART #14 in the drawing (lift arms) can be installed 2 different ways. The hole spacings give you either "close/more lift" or "further back/more clearance (a bit less lift)" rotating the arms 180º end to end. It's not readlly apparant when they are just laying on the floor.
On that note.... Does anyone know off hand, or can measure (my tractor is outside and it's 15*F (I know, I'm a pansy)) the adjustable lift arm Part #9? Is it shorter than the fixed arm when screwed all the way in? If it is, then getting another one and using two of them would give more lift height.

Mr. Moose

Reactions: psrumors and Gizmo2

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
On that note.... Does anyone know off hand, or can measure (my tractor is outside and it's 15*F (I know, I'm a pansy)) the adjustable lift arm Part #9? Is it shorter than the fixed arm when screwed all the way in? If it is, then getting another one and using two of them would give more lift height.
I'm pretty sure it is, I have over adjusted it and made my box blade tilt to the left a fair amount.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Nice, I think I will try this, though I won't be able to get to my dear until Tuesday.

Mr. Moose

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are absolutely correct. Finally warm enough here to grap some cold metal and make some adjustments.

The hole has a difference of about 1.25" end to end. Hard to measure accurately with a tape and the curved shape. I installed mine originally with the long dimension at the tractor. Couldn't seem to get my boxblade to dig very deep. Had a heck of a time removing it to check dimensions. Flipped each arm so the shorter dimension was at the tractor. HUGE difference.

Arms originally were about 11.5" high at the low point. Flipping the arms got me down to 8". And they move more freely when hooking up.

I'll get them marked today for future reference.

002.JPG

004.JPG

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I'd like to ask a "related 3pt" question... Is it possible or does anyone leave their Imatch thingy on the arms and disconnect just the 3pt from the machine? Thinking about proceedure when putting the
BH back on. (Purchase of 3pt quick hitch of some brand is near.)

Reactions: vacruiser

·
Registered
937 Posts
I'd like to ask a "related 3pt" question... Is it possible or does anyone leave their Imatch thingy on the arms and disconnect just the 3pt from the machine? Thinking about proceedure when putting the
BH back on. (Purchase of 3pt quick hitch of some brand is near.)
I don't have a hoe, though I wish I did, but I do leave the imatch hooked up when I take the arms off. Then I just carry the imatch (and arms as one unit) to an out of the way spot until I need them. If you're wondering why I take them off it's so that when I load up the 1025 into the back on my truck it makes it shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
709 Posts
I just put my new IMatch hitch on this morning. I must be getting old and feeble, that thing was slightly heavy for me. Maybe I am getting sick? I will go with that for now on my lift capabilities. :dunno:

I am not sure I will leave it connected to my bars or not yet when I put the backhoe on. I am sure I will try it that way next time and let you know.

Before the IMatch, I did always leave the drag links and sway links connected so I didn't have to figure out which way the lift bars needed to be when putting the 3 point on again.

·
Premium Member
14,911 Posts
I take the quick hitch off , when I remove the 3pt arms ,may reason I have a ammo box welded to mine and it is full. As for knowing which way things the lift arms go, painted a arrow toward tractor on both lift arms.

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK Guys - stupid newbie question here.... I've got a 1025R TLB. Does the 3 point hitch come with the tractor, or is it an add on? I have looked and looked on the web - I can't tell.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
OK Guys - stupid newbie question here.... I've got a 1025R TLB. Does the 3 point hitch come with the tractor, or is it an add on? I have looked and looked on the web - I can't tell.
Not a stupid question, at all. The 3 point hitch should be on the tractor from the factory. I am not as familiar with the 1025, but if it were an option, given what I do know about it, it should be standard. Look at the behind of your tractor, and it should be there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts